Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
So I guess no Thornado for Stoick.
Topic Started: 24 Apr 2014, 02:12 (2354 Views)
Mastermiine
Dragon Egg

Well thats sad. I was really hopping they would brig him back for the movie. I though that was the point of the TV show.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Nat the Hooligan
Left Handed Hooligan

i was too, but i'm happy with how they did it. at least they had an episode where Stoick released Thornado, otherwise he would have had him to the end of the season and then when the movie came out and he had a different dragon everyone would question it.

"I'm good with fabric, who knew?!" ~Tuffnut

Gh3ttoKinG.

[color=red]
[b]Mr. Insane Insanity
[/b]
[/color]

Mastermiine
24 Apr 2014, 06:12
Well thats sad. I was really hopping they would brig him back for the movie. I though that was the point of the TV show.
But it seems that Stock hasn't forget Thornado. In one or two of the Trailers (during the Dragon Race) you can see a tapestry with a dragon on it behind Stoick. It looks like a Thunderdrum

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Thornado needed to to. Otherwise people who watch the film will be confused how he got a dragon.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I never liked Thornado. He was a good companion, but I didin't fell "right" that this is Stoicks dragon.
Even if I have seen only one picture of Skullcrusher, I recognize his wild and rampant personality. He will suit better to Stoick, especially in war.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

He got a new dragon! The skull crusher I think it is.

Hic626
Terrible Terror

Thornado always looked a bit off anyway, I'm kind of glad they they decided to change it.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I personally don't think that including Thornado in the movie would confuse people too much. It would be pretty natural to assume that Stoick trained a dragon of his own sometime in the 5 years after accepting them into the village. As a matter of fact, if I didn't watch the TV series and he didn't get Skullcrusher until sometime during the movie, I'd think it was odd that he waited so long. The limited shots we've seen of Skullcrusher look good though, so it may not end up being a bad thing to give him a new dragon.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

KentuckyWildcat
24 Apr 2014, 21:51
I personally don't think that including Thornado in the movie would confuse people too much. It would be pretty natural to assume that Stoick trained a dragon of his own sometime in the 5 years after accepting them into the village. As a matter of fact, if I didn't watch the TV series and he didn't get Skullcrusher until sometime during the movie, I'd think it was odd that he waited so long.
Agreed. I don't think it would have been to hard for people to infer that during the time we were away he would have gotten a new dragon. That said though I do feel his new dragon suits and gets across Stoick's personality and what he's about better than what Thornado may have.

See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

One of these days I hope they explain how this happens.
What dragon dreams are made of.