Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Who do you think will die in the series? (Spoilers)
Topic Started: 25 Apr 2014, 18:07 (4748 Views)
Eret
....Son of Eret

Zer0x
25 Apr 2014, 19:00
Don't you think the chances are higher that Valka will die? I don't think she will will appear in the third movie.

Stoick is the candidate for the last sequel, because when he die Hiccup will be chief and that's the point where the whole franchise lead to.

To be honest I can't really see them killing her off in the same movie she's brought in. If they do kill her it might be the third movie but I kind of doubt she's ever going to die, unless she turns out to be a bad person (which I also doubt). Stoick on the other hand... yeah his clock is ticking.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightRider
Hatchling

What if gothi dies?? :O
THE BRAVE MEN DID NOT KILL DRAGONS, THE BRAVE MEN RODE THEM

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

NightRider
26 Apr 2014, 02:33
What if gothi dies?? :O
Well played. Actually, I was a bit surprised to see her in that latest clip that surfaced today. She has to be old at this point, especially by Viking standards.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

I think that Stoick is most likely to die. Hiccup's conflict appears to be split loyalties between his mother, representing the extreme of dragons and liberation, and his father representing the necessity of adulthood and responsibility. It's the whole the heart of a chief, the soul of a dragon concept. I don't think that joining Valka is the right thing for Hiccup to do. But I don't think he'll be able to turn his back on Valka unless he is forced to become chief by Stoick's death.

However, I don't think Valka will return to Berk when Hiccup does. I think she will continue living with the dragons, effectively removing her from the 3rd movie without her death, which would be a level of tragedy the movie would be better without. Hiccup will have Astrid to support him and Gobber to mentor him -- he will be fine living separately from Valka.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Spoiler: click to toggle
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Pyr0mancer
Hatchling

But we can't forget that this movie is not only made for us, and that dreamworks must appeal to all age groups like they did in httyd 1. So even if there is a death, it probably won't be done in a horrific way . Although i'm sure dreamworks must have some tricks up their sleeves.

January_Dragons
Dragon Egg

If anyone will die, I think it'll be Stoick. When I first heard of the rumor, I was outraged. Like, how can you reunite Hiccup with one parent and then just take the other one away from him???

But now... I'm starting to see how it might work.
My prediction: It'll be after the big climatic battle, and Stoick will be dying in Hiccup's arms (which will be a great contrast mirror of the climax of the first film where Stoick was holding thought-to-be-dead Hiccup) and they'll have this Tarzan and Kerchak moment where Stoick will be like, "Take care of them, my son." and then pass away. Hardened by his father's death, Hiccup will rise and kick Drago's butt harder than anyone thought possible, even himself.

This movie is going to be so emotional, I can feel it already!

As for the others, I don't think they'll die, but I might be able to see some high drama-in-battle for the FishlegsXRuffnutXSnotlout triangle (like, one of the boys jumping in the way to save her form ________ and getting injured, but not fatally).

~ <3 True Friendship <3 ~

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Meganana1
27 Apr 2014, 21:54
If anyone will die, I think it'll be Stoick. When I first heard of the rumor, I was outraged. Like, how can you reunite Hiccup with one parent and then just take the other one away from him???

My prediction: It'll be after the big climatic battle, and Stoick will be dying in Hiccup's arms (which will be a great contrast mirror of the climax of the first film where Stoick was holding thought-to-be-dead Hiccup) and they'll have this Tarzan and Kerchak moment where Stoick will be like, "Take care of them, my son." and then pass away. Hardened by his father's death, Hiccup will rise and kick Drago's butt harder than anyone thought possible, even himself.

As for the others, I don't think they'll die, but I might be able to see some high drama-in-battle for the FishlegsXRuffnutXSnotlout triangle (like, one of the boys jumping in the way to save her form ________ and getting injured, but not fatally).
That would be epic! Like Snotlout or Fishlegs rescuing Ruff from Eret after she eventually realises he is working for Drago, and proving that they are the ones who actually love her, not that heartless, cheating freak! Quoted.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Meganana1
27 Apr 2014, 21:54

Ahh! Stoick dying in Hiccup's arms Tarzan moment is very simular to my Lion King moment and the two together like ahhh!!! :D
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Pyr0mancer
27 Apr 2014, 21:30
But we can't forget that this movie is not only made for us, and that dreamworks must appeal to all age groups like they did in httyd 1. So even if there is a death, it probably won't be done in a horrific way . Although i'm sure dreamworks must have some tricks up their sleeves.

Absolutely, DreamWorks are crafty. They may not make it visually horrific, but you can be sure it'll be emotionally painful xD

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014