Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New Httyd 2 Dragon Pictures! [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 26 Apr 2014, 11:15 (4528 Views)
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

Astrid
26 Apr 2014, 03:18
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
26 Apr 2014, 03:04
They could've easily just given Gobber a Gronckle. The only difference between Grump and that is Grump has a flatter face. They just had to give Gobber a different species I guess... :/
But you know they could have used the boneknapper, it was a different species and we even had a background story about how he get it, so yeah...
That is true! Yeah, why didn't he get a Boneknapper... Was he too big for anyone to take care of?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
26 Apr 2014, 15:15
Astrid
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
26 Apr 2014, 03:04
They could've easily just given Gobber a Gronckle. The only difference between Grump and that is Grump has a flatter face. They just had to give Gobber a different species I guess... :/
But you know they could have used the boneknapper, it was a different species and we even had a background story about how he get it, so yeah...
That is true! Yeah, why didn't he get a Boneknapper... Was he too big for anyone to take care of?
My only guess for that would be that the boneknapper dragon doesn't really fit with all the other dragons, in that he looks too... "magical", for lack of a better word. It was easy to suspend disbelief in the short because the whole thing was about his mythology and origins, but when you just stick a dragon like that in to a universe where every other dragon looks like it falls in to the realm of realism, without any explanation, it would be too confusing and jarring for people who haven't seen the short. I get why they didn't go with that.

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

eret
26 Apr 2014, 19:46
VeloYourSwaggyDragon
26 Apr 2014, 15:15
Astrid
My only guess for that would be that the boneknapper dragon doesn't really fit with all the other dragons, in that he looks too... "magical", for lack of a better word. It was easy to suspend disbelief in the short because the whole thing was about his mythology and origins, but when you just stick a dragon like that in to a universe where every other dragon looks like it falls in to the realm of realism, without any explanation, it would be too confusing and jarring for people who haven't seen the short. I get why they didn't go with that.
I love how you always make such good points. I haven't thought of that, and now I think that was probably the issue. :)

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Dragons are dragons. Maybe Boneknappers don't like humans or other dragons or they are loner or the one from LotB had a family somewhere or, or or...
It is not like in the series where you give a random dragon a fish and then he's your friend.

A BonekNpper would also be too big for Berk, he wouldn't 'fit' in the movie.

Maybe the Hotburple is just a mutanted Gronckle, like the Screaming Death is a mutanted Whispering Death or both species have the same origin species.
Why does all breeds have to look different? Homo neanderthalesis and homo sapiens looked similar, but they were different species.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Shnuckles
25 Apr 2014, 01:50
Thought I'd put this here as well.

Look at all that stuff in the background
What happened to Stoik? :blink:
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.