Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Thoughts on the release date for the new score?
Topic Started: 27 Apr 2014, 20:46 (2449 Views)
AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

When it comes out could someone upload it with no titles or something? To avoid spoilers.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

When you listen to it before watching the movie it would even more spoil the story. ;)
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

AndyMay
28 Apr 2014, 00:46
When it comes out could someone upload it with no titles or something? To avoid spoilers.
That's a nice idea, but do we really want to pirate it? It might stop some people from buying the soundtrack at all..

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Eret
....Son of Eret

Zer0x
28 Apr 2014, 06:24
When you listen to it before watching the movie it would even more spoil the story. ;)
Maybe, but it would be kind of hard to figure out exactly whats happening just from the sound alone. I would be more cautious of the titles.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

It wouldn't be possible to be certain of things, but you could definitely get some general ideas. For example, if the soundtrack ends with a tune in a minor key of some description, then you could be fairly sure that it was probably ending on some sort of cliffhanger. More specifically, if a minor or otherwise melancholy version of "Romantic Flight" played near the end, then it would be reasonable to assume that Astrid had died. It wouldn't be a certainty, of course, but it would definitely push one's expectations in that direction, ruining the surprise.

Of course, these are only possibilities, and it is entirely possible that the music alone won't reveal anything of note. But it is definitely a risk that one should bear in mind if one plans to listen to the soundtrack before watching the film.

Personally, I plan to hold off on buying or otherwise listening to the soundtrack before watching the film, for that basic reason, even though I am fairly sure that the soundtrack will at least be good.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

John Powell's style usually combines old themes with new. I think it'll take old themes, and build off of them, but also add some great new stuff.

ShortyLego
Dragon Egg

Although I like what I heard from the Powell/ Jonsi song, I hope they keep the film completely orchestral. I feel like the fact that the first film didnt having any "singing" in it sets it apart from most animated films... makes it more mature.
Brianna

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

I'm actually curious if there's going to be any new influences on the orchestral side of things where Eret, Drago, and his men are concerned. Since their supposedly not viking/Norsemen I think it might be neat to hear specific instruments come into play that are more central to them/the culture they may be based on/draw from, and less to the vikings and their culture.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Eret
....Son of Eret

ShortyLego
28 Apr 2014, 20:53
Although I like what I heard from the Powell/ Jonsi song, I hope they keep the film completely orchestral. I feel like the fact that the first film didnt having any "singing" in it sets it apart from most animated films... makes it more mature.

I feel the same.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Include revamped old songs but preferably no vocals and since vocals are included very little of them hopefully. Also maybe some nostalgic plain old peices during end credits but definitely revamp the old stuff