Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Do you Think Hiccup and Astrid are Actually Engaged?
Topic Started: 28 Apr 2014, 02:01 (2743 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Do you Think Hiccup and Astrid are Actually Engaged? Or is Stoik just really confident they're going to get married?
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

No, I don't think so. I have a feeling it's just Stoick getting a little bit ahead of himself xD

Maybe it's just because I don't really want them to be just yet, but I feel it's a little rushed. Yes it's supposedly been 5 years since the last movie, but we haven't really seen enough of them properly together to justify that sort of thing. Then again, what is the average age vikings used to get married at? Because if it is fairly young, then they may well have brought that in to the movie.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

I am Smaug
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

They're probabley not engaged, since those words havent been used yet, but stoick is definately pushing at it. I mean astrid is strong and fiecre woman, who'd make a good wife for a cheif. Moreover to the fact that hiccup and astrid ARE in love with each other so everyone is expecting them to tie the knot. But the problem is that hiccup dosnet want to get married, leats not yet anyway. He wants to go on adventures rather than settle down, which is a normal thing for most young people anyway.

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I agree with I Am Smaug...even though it's obviously expected I don't think Hiccup...or Astrid...are ready. They're both still very independent (as can be seen in the first 5 mins with Astrid winning a race while Hiccup's out doing his own thing) and whatever they feel for each other has to work around that. They probably will marry or be engaged at some point in the trilogy, but I don't think its now.
C4P741N 5W4N

Eret
....Son of Eret

No I don't think they're engaged, Stoick is just pushing for them to be.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

they could be engaged because i mean you can be engaged for years and just not get married until later, its just a promise to each other that you are going to get married at some point in the future. They could be engaged and a point in the plot could be stoick pressing for them to finally get married but hiccup dismissing him for adventures.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I honestly just think it's Stoick getting a bit aheadof himself. He's an old man and wants grandchildren lol.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Sampuig306
The Outsider

AndyMay
28 Apr 2014, 14:06
I honestly just think it's Stoick getting a bit ahead of himself. He's an old man and wants grandchildren lol.
You got that right. He's in his 50's and he feel like death is coming for him. I'm lucky that my parent wasn't like that.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

No Stoick just probably knows or assumes Hiccup and Astrid will get married. Technacally they've been together for 5 years, they're in their 20's now and I know a lot of people who got married in their early 20's soot's possible that by the ens of the movie they might be
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

It's Stoick were talikng about here guys, so of course he is going to jump ahead of himself and assume they are going to get engaged eventually.

And I am suspecting it will.