Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Cultures and Nationalities
Topic Started: 28 Apr 2014, 17:22 (1766 Views)
TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

What do you think the nationality and/or culture of the new characters in How To Train Your Dragon 2 will be. As we can see from both trailers and pictures, a couple of new characters doesn`t seem to fit directly into the "vikingworld". Is Eret gaelic? Does Drago come from a slavic culture or something? Has anyone seen any clues or indications to where these people may come from? :)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

The early rumblings were that Drago and his men were Slavic, but as the actual movie approaches, I haven't really seen anything to confirm on deny that theory. I'm not sure there's been much word about Eret's heritage either. They're clearly not Vikings, but any other details have been scarce. Even with all the teasing and clips, those two characters remain almost completely a mystery other than their general role in the story.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Eret
....Son of Eret

I'm pretty sure they've said what culture eret and his people are meant to be from but I can't remember what they're called.

On that note is anyone else mildly disappointed that they didn't make them Romans as a nod to the second book?

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I was under the impress ion that Eret was going to be Gaelic
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

eret
28 Apr 2014, 22:37
I'm pretty sure they've said what culture eret and his people are meant to be from but I can't remember what they're called.

On that note is anyone else mildly disappointed that they didn't make them Romans as a nod to the second book?
Yeah....

(No one say, "But that's not historically accurate!")
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

AuroraBorealis
28 Apr 2014, 23:20
eret
28 Apr 2014, 22:37

Yeah....

(No one say, "But that's not historically accurate!")
But that's not not historically accurate.

Ever heard of Miklagard and the Varangian Guards?
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Dragon_Rider
Dragon Egg

I heard from an interview with Deblois( I don't remember where) saying that Eret come from a Eskimo tribe or something but I don't have any clue for Drago. Maybe another Viking tribe... :-/
I love dragons, and food... ^_^

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

I found this! Thinks it`s an early draft or concept art. Anyway, it looks like his armado contains of slavics, mongols, asiatic people, inuits, equatorial and sami people. He might belong to one on these cultures. Maybe Eret belongs to an inuit or sami culture. For my part that would be rather awesome :D