Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Spoiler Picture from HTTYD Facebook page
Topic Started: 30 Apr 2014, 13:16 (3117 Views)
N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Saw this on facebook and realized that instead of Inferno, Hiccup is holding an axe...perhaps Stoick's? Is this proof that Stoick might die?
C4P741N 5W4N
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Oh how did I not even notice the axe before?

I wouldn't say it's proof, but it does support that theory.

Also, is that Spitelout looking annoyed in the bottom right? Because that would also make sense in context of the whole Stoick-dying-Hiccup-becomming-chief thing, as he still doesn't seem to agree with the way the vikings have embraced the dragons.

Every tiny snippet we get, it just gets that little bit more painful realising it's still 2 months away. D:

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

better not be Astrid's ax...

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Shnuckles
30 Apr 2014, 17:38

That is not okay

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

I am Smaug
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I doubt that this is much of a spolier. I mean this is only really cover art and tahts not even the same outfit hiccup wears in the movie. Its more likely that this was an earlier piece of work in the films development

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I thought for a second it might be hers because the design is more similar, but I doubt it. More likely, it's Stoick's. And Scienceofmagic, its not always an axe...for the cover of the art book, he is holding Inferno. That's why I posted this, because I found it interesting that there was a difference. And that does look like Spitelout!

I am Smaug, I know its probably not much of a spoiler, I just wasn't sure if people would want to read sense I was speculating on a character's death

Edit
This is the difference in the two pics
C4P741N 5W4N

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

N4raDov
30 Apr 2014, 17:16

Saw this on facebook and realized that instead of Inferno, Hiccup is holding an axe...perhaps Stoick's? Is this proof that Stoick might die?
lets see i see Spitelout, gobber and some random viking (maybe it's Mulch) it looks like they're all like war raged against Drago and cheering for Hiccup.

Maybe Stoick does die, and this is like a scene where Hiccup realizes that he does have what it takes to become chief and plans to avenge Stoick.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

It may ultimately mean nothing, but he's definitely rallying the warriors of Berk while holding up an axe as if he's the chief. I'm not sure whose axe that is though. The large gap between the blades near the handle makes it rather unlike the one Stoick (and Astrid for that matter) has been seen holding in previous promo shots. So while it seems like a hint that Stoick dies at first glance, I'll hold off on saying it's anything definitive.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

thescienceofmagic
30 Apr 2014, 17:40
Shnuckles
30 Apr 2014, 17:38

That is not okay
^^ This.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

His left hand looks different and the picture is a bit darker than the one from the artbook. These are probably the only changes (exept for the axe).
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..