Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Hiccup's Speech [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 01 May 2014, 19:34 (2960 Views)
Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah I accidentally read it, not realizing what it was until it was too late.

:(
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

Berknation
01 May 2014, 21:00
[...] where most folks enjoy hobbies like widdling [or] needlepoint[...]
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think that should be whittling; widdling would make for quite a strange hobby. :P

I had a go at transcribing the opening monologue, but can't make out one of the words.
Transcription

This is Berk: the best kept secret this side of... well, anywhere. Granted it may not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises. Life here is amazing, just not for the faint of heart. You see, where most folks enjoy hobbies like whittling or needlepoint, we prefer a little something we like to call... dragon racing!

Now dragons used to be a bit of a problem, but that was five years ago. Now they've all moved in, and really, why wouldn't they? We have custom stables, all-you-can-eat feeding stations, a full-service dragon [inaudible], even top-of-the-line fire prevention (if I do say so myself).
Most have that word down as "launch"... but what in the world is a "dragon launch"?

DragonNomz
Dragon Egg

Dangit, I don't know why but that image made me burst out laughing in class

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

puxlit
12 May 2014, 04:42
Berknation
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think that should be whittling; widdling would make for quite a strange hobby. :P

I had a go at transcribing the opening monologue, but can't make out one of the words.
Transcription

This is Berk: the best kept secret this side of... well, anywhere. Granted it may not look like much, but this wet heap of rock packs more than a few surprises. Life here is amazing, just not for the faint of heart. You see, where most folks enjoy hobbies like whittling or needlepoint, we prefer a little something we like to call... dragon racing!

Now dragons used to be a bit of a problem, but that was five years ago. Now they've all moved in, and really, why wouldn't they? We have custom stables, all-you-can-eat feeding stations, a full-service dragon [inaudible], even top-of-the-line fire prevention (if I do say so myself).
Most have that word down as "launch"... but what in the world is a "dragon launch"?

I believe Hiccup says "a full-service dragon wash".

It does like a bit like a car wash too dude.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

Faerie_Dragon
12 May 2014, 05:46

Yeah I think you're right. Mystery solved!

Astrid
Gronckle

Faerie_Dragon
12 May 2014, 05:46
puxlit
12 May 2014, 04:42
Berknation

Transcription

It's not perhaps "a full service dragon lounge" ?

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

"Full-service Dragon wash."

Qouted from the Art of HTTYD2.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Dragon wash? Sweet!!
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney