Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New Dragon Design and Theroies
Topic Started: 02 May 2014, 17:54 (1903 Views)
alexhero
Member Avatar
The Novelist Bewilderbeast

How do you guys think Cloudjumper will fly like. His 4 wings are cool but I don't understand them and how it works. Also the Bewilderbeast is AWESOME. Although I wonder how does it shoot ice and can it fly or does it swim due to its massive body size. I love Skullcrusher Stoick's dragon but I need a little more with him and Grump.
“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

When I read the second quote. All I think about is the Drago's Bewilderbeast ice and the ending of How To Train Your Dragon 3. *sob*
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

valkasboy
Terrible Terror

Not much of a spoiler really, but I'm trying to be diligent. Cloudjumper beats all four wings at the same time, but the lower set go first with the upper set lagging behind a little in the timing. Enough to make it look cool, but without the wings bashings into each other. When Cloudjumper walks he uses his hind legs and the lower set of wings, keeping the upper set held high.

I agree, the Bewilderbeast is AWESOME, but you'll have to wait for the movie to see him in all his glory. ;)

alexhero
Member Avatar
The Novelist Bewilderbeast

Thanks ;)
“My armor is like tenfold shields, my teeth are swords, my claws spears, the shock of my tail a thunderbolt, my wings a hurricane, and my breath death!”

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”

When I read the second quote. All I think about is the Drago's Bewilderbeast ice and the ending of How To Train Your Dragon 3. *sob*

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I read somewhere that the Bewilderbeast sucks up water from the ocean and freezes it in its gut before projecting it out as ice. I think there may have been more to it than that, but don't quite remember.
C4P741N 5W4N

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

N4aDov

I read somewhere that the Bewilderbeast sucks up water from the ocean and freezes it in its gut before projecting it out as ice. I think there may have been more to it than that, but don't quite remember.
Not quite. The Bewilderbeast sucks up water and stores it in those things around the sides of its head- almost like tubes. It stores it there and then the water is released and freezes coming out.

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

Berknation
02 May 2014, 23:10
N4aDov

Not quite. The Bewilderbeast sucks up water and stores it in those things around the sides of its head- almost like tubes. It stores it there and then the water is released and freezes coming out.
It could explain why the frill has that frost like covering on it. Is this the full theory or is there any more to it? It just doesn't have me100% convinced that that area of it's body would be the best for water stroage. When you consider how much ice it can potentialy produce it makes you wonder if there's enough tubes within the frill to make it work. Not a bad theory though just need to see more on it and the potential reasoning behind it.
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

valkasboy

Cloudjumper beats all four wings at the same time, but the lower set go first with the upper set lagging behind a little in the timing.
This is also the only physical correct use of two wingpairs. Othwise it would consume to much energy to fly.

My guess why this species has 4 wings instead of 2 very large ones is, that he is really heavy and a second pair of "arms" would fix the muscular problem to have enough power in each stroke to fly.

valkasboy

When Cloudjumper walks he uses his hind legs and the lower set of wings, keeping the upper set held high.
With this information we can now sort him in the biological correct dragon suborder. B-)

I think the bewilderbeast uses a substance which reacts strong endotherm or exergonic with water (or air?) to freeze the water. He mix the substance with it right before he releases it. The spread in the air would also reduce the temperature. This substance could be amoniumnitrat-hydrat or something like this. It is also a burnable substance, that would fit to a dragon.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

Berknation
N4aDov

(Scauldron fan...) Sounds like the contrary of a scauldron, scauldrons heat it and bewilderbeasts freeze it ^^
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Berknation
N4aDov

Thanks for correcting me :) wasn't sure I had it right
C4P741N 5W4N