Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Do you want Hiccup to get physically hurt again?
Topic Started: 07 May 2014, 18:36 (4548 Views)
January_Dragons
Dragon Egg

Eclipse-Wolven
07 May 2014, 17:23
I agree with what others have said. I think it'll be more emotional damage this time around, such as the death of another major character (Stoick, etc.) or the near death experience of one of Hiccup's closest friends (Toothless, etc.).

If something happens to another character and it was at least partially Hiccup's fault, THEN things will get interesting. That's the kind of thing that causes emotional and psychological damage...and makes good plots.
HTYYD PT RIC
07 May 2014, 20:30
I do not want to be bad but I think the Stoick will die because of age is old or during the war

I've mentioned this on a different discussion, but I've come to terms with the fact that the probability of Stoick's death is very high. It will definitely leave some emotional scarring on Hiccup, and not just because he's his dad. I think there might be some guilt stirred in, based off of how Hiccup seems to be "avoiding his dad" and all. They're probably at some sort of disagreement (about settling down and becoming chief), and if Stoick dies before they completely resolve it, then Hiccup will have to carry that burden. Plus, if Stoick does pass on, Hiccup will be forced into the position of chief, which (in my opinion) would be a great way to end the movie.

~ <3 True Friendship <3 ~
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Eclipse-Wolven
07 May 2014, 17:23
I agree with what others have said. I think it'll be more emotional damage this time around, such as the death of another major character (Stoick, etc.) or the near death experience of one of Hiccup's closest friends (Toothless, etc.).

If something happens to another character and it was at least partially Hiccup's fault, THEN things will get interesting. That's the kind of thing that causes emotional and psychological damage...and makes good plots.
Not Toothless, please not Toothless!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

As I've said before, Toothless will survive HTTYD 2, for one simple reason: marketing. Toothless is basically the franchise's mascot, and there's absolutely no way anyone would kill off a franchise's mascot with one movie left to go. Of course, that doesn't mean that Toothless won't have a near-death experience, but hey, as a writer, if you're not making your characters suffer, then you're not doing your job.

And of course, in HTTYD 3, it's basically anything goes, but let's worry about one film at a time, shall we?
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

I sure hope he won't lose another limb! I'd hate for him to have more pain! Love ya Hiccup :wub:

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel