Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Do you want Hiccup to get physically hurt again?
Topic Started: 03 May 2014, 06:03 (4511 Views)
hiccupi
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

We all know that in How To Train Your Dragon Hiccup lost his leg.
It's been said that 2nd movie is going to be darker, bolder. So, do you think something bad would happen to Hiccup? See, there is always consequences with a big battle (and it seems like it in the second movie...)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Argetlam
Hatchling

After his physical loss in the first film, I'm kind of hoping for a significant emotional loss. Something he can't amend with his skills in engineering. I'm not sure if they can top his loss in the first film though, it worked on so many levels. it:

-Created physical parallels between hiccup and Toothless
-Made everything come full circle with Hiccup needing to rely on Toothless till he could "fly" again
-Showed how, despite doing the right thing against heavy odds, Hiccup's choice would not be without consequence making the world feel more believable and real
-Gave Hiccup and Toothless something to overcome together which is something that they became really good at over the course of the movie. It's also one of the principle factors of their entire relationship

If Hiccup takes another loss in this film, I hope it has just as much impact if not more than the first loss.
"What was once your life, is now your legend"

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Well, given that Hiccup seems to be taking a leaf out of Batman's book with that flight suit, I propose that we have Drago break his back.

I'm joking... I think.

In all seriousness, breaking a character psychologically tends to be more interesting than breaking them physically, though I suppose the latter could be more fun for the villain (alternatively: why not have both?).
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I agree with Argetlam. Even though both would be heartbreaking to see, I'm thinking it'll be more of an emotional break than physical. If it is physical, I can't see it being as major as losing a limb. Something more emotionally or even mentally, seems more likely because of how personal this battle could get with his whole family being involved. It would be neat to see how he might overcome it, I think, because Hiccup has already shown signs of having a harder time dealing with emotionally wrapped-up problems. In the first movie when they took Toothless from him and he fought with Stoick, he seemed to be on the verge of shutting down, not wanting to think or talk about what was happening (thinking of the part with him and Astrid on the docks). So, if he goes through something even more emotionally trying in the second film, it will be interesting to see what he does about it.
But in answer to your actual question, no I don't WANT to see him get hurt again, just because it would so emotionally painful for me to watch :-/
C4P741N 5W4N

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

Sure, make him lose another limb or two.
My dragon den:

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I'm not sure what I want to happen to him, honestly. If he's going to get hurt, I think it needs to be a mental thing, i.e. a death of another character.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Astrid
Gronckle

To kill another character is definetly a good choice, but to kill another character or hurt him (like losing a limb) because of something hiccup said or do will make him deal with guilt and loss, and I will really like to see him handdle that guilt.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Astrid
03 May 2014, 14:41
To kill another character is definetly a good choice, but to kill another character or hurt him (like losing a limb) because of something hiccup said or do will make him deal with guilt and loss, and I will really like to see him handdle that guilt.
I never thought of that. That would be a pretty good way in doing it, if you ask me.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

No more loss of limb.... but perhaps an emotional loss, as Argetlam suggested. :)

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

Making him loss another limb I think will be too distractive. And it will take the focus away from the carachter. Maybe he can get a small scar or something, like the one he`s got on his chin, but nothing too big that wil draw too much attention.

I think they will probably give him an emotional scar through the death of a caracther or something.
That just seem more likely.