Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Let´s Talk About Toothless In Httyd 2
Topic Started: 08 May 2014, 16:28 (2189 Views)
HTTYD PT
Gronckle

how will be toothless in HTTYD 2?
put messages and if they want photos or sites
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I think he'll be more playful than we usually see him. If you saw the newest trailer, you can tell. ;)

Clogan92
Chief of the Logan Tribe

Not just playful, I think he's going to have a lot more visible emotions in this film.

You can tell that just from the trailers
THIS IS SERIOUS, SON

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I can also see that he has more visable emotions but I can't say I like it very much. But I don't know why

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

Toothless is not turn to the evil side????

But it seems Brothers

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Toothless will be even cuter! That dragon is so adorable! I love his emotions! Seriously, that dragon is epic, and he will be in HTTYD 2!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

Some photos:

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

@HTTYD PT RIC

I just don't like that first photo. Toothless' facial expression almost looks too human. I think it's the fact that his mouth isn't as wide in that picture as it should be. I think the one "eyebrow" raised kind of adds to the effect as well. I hope that the pic is only used for promos and not in the actual movie itself.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

Tessem7
09 May 2014, 21:35
@HTTYD PT RIC

I just don't like that first photo. Toothless' facial expression almost looks too human. I think it's the fact that his mouth isn't as wide in that picture as it should be. I think the one "eyebrow" raised kind of adds to the effect as well. I hope that the pic is only used for promos and not in the actual movie itself.
Haha, yeah. I always thought of that pic as Toothless' *derp* pose as if someone is taking his picture (as if there were cameras back then :huh: ).

One thing I'm a bit concerned about is how much human-like characteristics the animators may have injected into Toothless' mannerisms. The one thing I always liked about Toothless in the first move is that there are times where he has a very feral, unruly, undomesticated demeanor which keeps you guessing what's going on in his head. One scene I remember is at the very end of Forbidden Friendship where he backs away from Hiccup's hand, huffs, and hobbles away. I always wondered what Toothless was feeling/thinking at that moment.

Now from what I've seen from the new trailers/clips, everything that Toothless does has almost no ambiguity because all his actions are modeled closely to a human response (like pouting), or in some instances, a well known real animal (like a cat when he freaks out in that one clip). Granted, it's great that you can understand what Toothless is thinking/feeling when the behavior is communicated in an explicitly clear and literal way; it allows you to easily identify and connect with him. However, as a result, you take some of the mystery out of his character that makes him so interesting. I actually like StormFly for this reason. She has an unshakable wild side with a primal, beastly temperament where you often can't quite figure out why she does some of the things she does.

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Adorable and amazing, as always!
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns