Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Bittersweet
Topic Started: 11 May 2014, 17:11 (3112 Views)
HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Huh, at first their new adult look seemed kinda foreign to me but now I got used to it, sort of. I just don't like Hiccup's face from profile view and yeah, Astrid's face sometimes looks a far too round, but we'll see.
Actually, the only thing that distrubs me is that whole lost mom found plot. I really hope they have a reasonable explananation.
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

OHH this is very bad because it was finished the night Furys will be a sad end.
for me :-/

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Yeah I agree if they made a second movie with the kids still it would get boring it's just that we will more than likely never see the kids again except maybe in third season of dragons.

Yes I want more night furys but just a few like three or four. Or if toothless is just immortal which would be sad but kinda cool

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

Now another thing about drago.
Drago is like Napoleon he wanted the control of the dragons.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

While I'm excited to see the movie, I think it will be a bit bittersweet too because then I know I'll have to wait two more years for the third movie. Also, HTTYD was a movie that I would've been satisfied with no sequel, no trilogy, no TV series. I'm just afraid that it won't live up to the high expectations of the first movie and that will then just ruin the whole franchise for me.

So far, I 've seen some very good things (scenes, conversations, etc.) but a part of me is still going to be skeptical until I walk out of that theater after the conclusion of the movie.
Coming Soon!!

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

Personally -whispers- when I first found out, I didn't like the idea of the aging in the second film. I'm continuously an over-sentimental individual though -laughs- I definitely warmed up to it, and now I'm very much for it. Seeing stages in a character's life like this is very rare, and it's much appreciated (giving you a thumbs up, Toy Story 3).

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

HTYYD PT RIC
11 May 2014, 21:21
Now another thing about drago.
Drago is like Napoleon he wanted the control of the dragons.
I'm not an expert on the Napoleonic era, but I'm pretty sure that real life has never had dragons. Unless, of course, this is a Temarair (no, I'm not even going to try to spell that correctly) thing.
Quote:

We should all watch the film with very low expectations, that is the only way it has a chance to live up to the first. This is the problem with sequels, there will definetly be people who are satisfied with the end result
That's the logic I work with in general, and is part of my reasoning behind my low expectations for HTTYD 2 (the rest is honest opinion and deduction from what we already know). It certainly helps though it's never going to make a terrible movie seem great.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Quote:

I'm not an expert on the Napoleonic era, but I'm pretty sure that real life has never had dragons.

Don't destroy our world. :D

Quote:

That's the logic I work with in general, and is part of my reasoning behind my low expectations for HTTYD 2 (the rest is honest opinion and deduction from what we already know). It certainly helps though it's never going to make a terrible movie seem great.
I'm also doing that until I've seen it in the cinema, because the experience there is the more important than the time before.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Fawnduu
Gronckle

I think the thing that is bittersweet for me, is not that i'm afraid the movie wont live up to my expectations or that they are older its that we've all waited so long for this movie and its gonna be a similar feeling to when you wait for a series to get a second season and then you finish that season and know there is going to be another equally long wait afterwards. I guess i'm bittersweet because I love all the hype surrounding and upcoming movie.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations