Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Bittersweet
Topic Started: 10 May 2014, 22:55 (3084 Views)
Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

I have been felling mixed emotions towards this new movie. While I have been excited for new content and see how the characters have grown up, i will really miss the characters when they were younger and miss the old soundtrack tremendously.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I actually am grateful they changed the characters since having a second movie based on lame stuff (like the TV series) would have been lame. Anyways aging them is cool since they look different and they are more mature than before.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I'm ready for the sequel, and I like the idea of older characters. I prefer dynamic characters who grow throughout a story rather than ones who seem to have one adventure after another without really changing. It would be bittersweet for me if I end up not liking the movie all that much and thinking about what might have been.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Astrid
Gronckle

It's exciting to see them grow, and also interesting to see what they will have to confront this time.
That being said, I've already accepted that this movie will not be as good as the 1st one, plot wise and sound wise.
KentuckyWildcat
11 May 2014, 03:10
It would be bittersweet for me if I end up not liking the movie all that much and thinking about what might have been.
I'm afraid I'm already doing this lol

...and yet there is a little hope that I might be wrong.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Although I literally cannot wait for the second movie, a part of me knows that it might not live up to the original, and then my life would be over... My heart still stays with the younger Vikings, I get so over-emotional whenever I think about how they've grown up.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

TheEleventhViking
Terrible Terror

We should all watch the film with very low expectations, that is the only way it has a chance to live up to the first. This is the problem with sequels, there will definetly be people who are satisfied with the end result

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

Will there be more night fury on HTTYD 2?

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

TheEleventhViking
11 May 2014, 11:01
We should all watch the film with very low expectations
That's a good idea, but I really don't think it's possible for the majority of us! We've analysed every clip and picture that DreamWorks have thrown at us so much that we're just aching for the movie, and for it to be brilliant. Turning that down is going to be very hard!

I'm getting this 'bittersweet' feeling, too. As much as I can't wait for HTTYD2, I'm going to miss the younger gang so much - little chubby-cheeked Hiccup in particular. I think my best way to to describe it is the 'Mum' feeling. Our babies have all grown up :'D
Also there is then the attachment that I'm sure we all have to HTTYD. It's the first one we fell in love with and watched repeatedly over 4 years. It's the one that brought us all together!
I'm sure I'm going to love HTTYD2, but I'm also sure it wont overtake my feelings for the first.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

HTYYD PT RIC
11 May 2014, 11:04
Will there be more night fury on HTTYD 2?
:D I wonder if Dreamworks will do what they did for Kung Fu Panda 2! The panda's parents appeared at the very end! I wonder if they'll do it with Night Furies! Tell me if I should spoiler] this but, in the first hour description there was nothing about Night Furies.

I know you guys like Toothless being unique, but it would be a great touching story, and we don't want Night Furies to be extinct in the end!

The whole Bittersweet thing, not really, it would get kind of boring...
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Yeah I'm going to go into the theatre expecting to be completely destroyed by a terrible movie just so that it seems great