Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon Meetup London; Tickets Available!
Topic Started: 16 May 2014, 20:10 (29549 Views)
mycove
Terrible Terror

mycove
16 May 2014, 23:28
I don't know how to reply individually, so sorry about that (do I have to click on quote, and then reply at the bottom of the page ? Does that work ?)
So, thank you Science of Magic, and thank you Zer0x for adding me. Really not sure yet, but, you never know... It's been such a long time since we haven't been there, that would be the perfect time !
OK, shnuckles, you can make fun of me ! XD I only needed a good reason to come to the forum ! :)
Yep, click quote which will then go to 'quoted' and then just hit reply as normal and it should appear where you type (:
And ah okay, well I hope you can make it!

This is all just making me more and more excited ^.^ July can't come quick enough
[/quote]

Thanks !!! And Yes for Forbidden Planet ! I used to go there a lot years ago when I was studying near London ! :) It was at Oxford Circus, but I think they moved, right ?
AndyMay
16 May 2014, 23:38
mycove
I don't know how to reply individually, so sorry about that (do I have to click on quote, and then reply at the bottom of the page ? Does that work ?)
So, thank you Science of Magic, and thank you Zer0x for adding me. Really not sure yet, but, you never know... It's been such a long time since we haven't been there, that would be the perfect time !
OK, shnuckles, you can make fun of me ! XD I only needed a good reason to come to the forum ! :)

I would be totally up for a meeting before AND after ! Sharing the movie would be such a greater experience if we have time to, let's say, picnic in Jubilee's gardens first. And then reunite after the screening.
Reunite after the screening? NO! We go to it together!

Also, Yay! Mycove finally joined us forumers!
Thanks for the enthusiasm !! And yes, we go to the screening together, of course !
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

thescienceofmagic
16 May 2014, 15:29

If people have to leave early it might be a good idea to go for a early afternoon one (say around 2ish?) so we still have a good amount of time afterwards to chat
I thought on the release day the first screening is always in the late afternoon.

But yeah, if the screenings starts at midday, 2pm is probably the best time for everyone.

Gh3ttoKinG.
16 May 2014, 22:48
Add me to the list!
ADD ME! ADD ME! addmeaddmeaddmeaddme! xD
Do you travel by train Zer0X? If so: When are you planing to take the train? Maybe we can meet in the train then xD
I've added you!
No, I couldn't resist to travel by plane. I love it to fly. Hopefully I wil get a seat on the window. XD

mycove

I would be totally up for a meeting before AND after ! Sharing the movie would be such a greater experience if we have time to, let's say, picnic in Jubilee's gardens first. And then reunite after the screening.
That's also a nice idea. Have lunch together, then go to the BFI and after the screening we meet again in Jubilee Gardens to talk about the movie.

Someone should spread flyer in London to gather more fans. Does someone have a PA? Then we could set it up on Jubilee Gardens and play the score the whole day. :D
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Fynriel
Gronckle

Wow, this whole idea sounds unbelievably awesome! I would absolutely LOVE to be a part of this!

I'm moving to the UK around that time, but I don't know exactly when as of yet. But if I do get there in time, coming to London for a day would not be a problem! xD

Great, now I can't get the idea of seeing the movie together with other Dragon fans out of my head! ^_^

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I can fly there... on my... err... dragon... Slushy....the bewilderbeast....
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

@Fynriel

I've added you as "maybe". :)

I can't find the exact formula for the 3D sweet-spots in cinemas anymore. I have ony a rule of thumb and it looks like IMAX cinemas are a bit different from other cinemas, because the sweetspot is there:

Does anyone know the roughly room size of the cinema? I don't think the sketch is an accurate portrayal.
UNAMUSED

Hic626
Terrible Terror

Zer0x
17 May 2014, 09:34

Does anyone know the roughly room size of the cinema? I don't think the sketch is an accurate portrayal.
The BFI IMAX is quite compact actually (the building is basically a giant circle), but yeah, in my opinion you'll want the to be about 2/3rds up the aisle and in the middle for the best view.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Yeah, the best seats are probably in the lowest premium aisle or the highest normal aisle.
UNAMUSED

Fynriel
Gronckle

Would we all be seeing the film together for the very first time? :O I'm not quite sure when the movie opens in the UK. ^o)

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Zer0x
17 May 2014, 08:09
thescienceofmagic
16 May 2014, 15:29

If people have to leave early it might be a good idea to go for a early afternoon one (say around 2ish?) so we still have a good amount of time afterwards to chat
I thought on the release day the first screening is always in the late afternoon.

But yeah, if the screenings starts at midday, 2pm is probably the best time for everyone.
Oh I didn't think so? As it's still classed as a 'kids film' the first showing is earlier, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Fynriel
17 May 2014, 10:48
Would we all be seeing the film together for the very first time? :O I'm not quite sure when the movie opens in the UK. ^o)
It opens on 4th July in the UK, which is hopefully the day we are going, so I assume yes (:

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

AlphaAmy
I Belong to the Western Pack

OMG yes I sooo wanted 2 meet up wiv some of u lot to watch it!! XD I'll come...if I can get out of school -.-
AlphaAmy