Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Is the HTTYD2 art book spoilerly?
Topic Started: 15 May 2014, 21:07 (1247 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

I need opinions from those who have the book. Is the art book very spoilerly? If it is, are they really bad, or are they not a big deal? Should I just wait for the movie?
Please, I need to know!!

The art book is sitting there in its box mocking me! X(
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

SwooshyApple
supreme leprechaun

I myself, am not one who fears spoilers. If your definition of spoilers would be giving away the entire plot, ending or major climax in a film, then no there isn't a severe spoiler of that type. However, there is a lot of information and things to study in order to have a better understanding of the movie. At least that's how I see it.

Also, now that I look back, there is some reference to what you might consider a spoiler, but you really have to think about it to get it. Much of the art is simply what the movie is and will be, along with stories behind the locations, characters, and scenes such as the Battle.

Overall, I'd say you don't have much to fear. Its an amazing book full of fantastic art, so I highly recommend it to every Dragons fan.
u wot mate

ArabianGoddess
Hatchling

I'm neutral. I read it but...i dunno...
I'd just wait until the movie comes out, and after you see it it'll be a lot better and it's a reward in a way. =] When I first watched the first Dragons move, I waited until after the movie to buy the boom, which I bought in 2013 since I was too poor and saving my allowance.

Usually I'd skim over the book first and if I spot something I think is a spoiler I go to the next page, etc. If you,don't want to do that just read it after watching it.
"She's my princess and whatever she wants, she gets."
"Ruffnut? Didn't she bury you alive?"
"Ah. Only for a few hours."
كيف تروض تنينك

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Ok, thank you very much! I'm agonizing over this book, and I really want to know if I should worry or not. I don't want to open it a month later and find out there wasn't anything it that was that bad. Thank you Apple!
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Thank you ArabianGoddess! I'm think of opening the book, but I'm going to sleep on it first to decide. Thank you again!

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

I'm on page 87 (half way through) and I haven't encountered any spoilers yet. I've read through the intro and the character bios and I haven't come across any spoilers yet. I've seen a few people say that the last part has some spoilers, but I don't think they are major from the sounds of it.
"Thank you for summing that up."

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Tessem7
16 May 2014, 02:10
I'm on page 87 (half way through) and I haven't encountered any spoilers yet. I've read through the intro and the character bios and I haven't come across any spoilers yet. I've seen a few people say that the last part has some spoilers, but I don't think they are major from the sounds of it.
Ok, thank you for your opinion! I very much appreciate it.:)