Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
[SPOILERS] A Family Reunited Featurette
Topic Started: 14 May 2014, 15:52 (2249 Views)
Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

IcelandicEel posted about it on the Grapevine already but in case you're only on the forums, they released another new featurette :D

This Exclusive 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' Preview Will Make You Shed a Happy Tear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZukAsk0o0I
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

Holy hell. There were a ton of great shots in that video. Thanks for linking it! I think my favorite shot was right at the end where Hiccup was gliding along with Cloudjumper and Toothless. His hair was swept back by the wind and his face had the same sort of joy that he had in the first movie in the Test Drive scene. The animation is absolutely top notch. I can't wait to see this movie!
"Thank you for summing that up."

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Dreamworks, you are doing something right.

scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

There are no words to describe just how excited I am for this movie. It's going to be amaazinnggg...
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]

duckizo
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Boy was that spoiler-y. The footage is great, but I’m getting a sort of campy vibe from the whole “family reuniting during epic battle” thing. I hope it doesn’t distract from Hiccup and Toothless’ relationship, which I think is really the heart of the story. Also, I thought there was an article that said Valka is super distrustful of humans? Why is she agreeing all of a sudden to go back to Berk? Is Hiccup not mad at her for never coming back? aaaaaaaaaah so many questions. I’m trying really hard not to make harsh judgements on the clips we’ve been getting. I think a bunch of important stuff is intentionally being left out.

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

So many videos of HTTYD 2 why they don´t put the movie now!!!! B-)

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

I am speechless.
What dragon dreams are made of.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I'm still not sure about all of this. I can't believe that we've seen no evidence that Hiccup or Stoick even bother to question Valka given that it sure appears she could have at least tried to let them know she was alive at some time during the last 20 years. A complete, instant acceptance just doesn't seem like a very human response to that situation.

Then there's still the fact that Valka just seems too perfect, possibly to the point of marginalizing Hiccup's accomplishments. I really want this movie to be good, and still have hope that it can be, but none of these promotional clips are doing much to put my doubts to rest about certain plot elements that I'm afraid could be weaknesses.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Yeah, that, multiplied by about a hundred, and you have my reaction. That is the single cheesiest, most sugary-sweet thing I've ever seen, and I watch MLP.

Valka's too perfect, Hiccup and Stoick seem to be merely puppets to talk about how awesome she is, and I've still yet to see anyone call her out on her bovine excrement.

It's going to be a long month.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

How could you not love httyd after you see this?
I'm actually tearing up here :')
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2