Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
New Clip! [Spoilers]
Topic Started: 16 May 2014, 16:48 (3552 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

You're my Mother Clip

So... not much, but what do you guys think?
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I think that's a little more the reaction some people were hoping for from Hiccup when he learned about Valka being his mother. Maybe he's not angry enough still to some people, but this at least is better than just outright acceptance.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Eclipse-Wolven
16 May 2014, 20:54
I think that's a little more the reaction some people were hoping for from Hiccup when he learned about Valka being his mother. Maybe he's not angry enough still to some people, but this at least is better than just outright acceptance.
Yeah, I think it'll make some people feel a bit better.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

That it does, though not much. We've got surprise, but we need some good old-fashioned anger.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Cartoon Freak
16 May 2014, 23:06
That it does, though not much. We've got surprise, but we need some good old-fashioned anger.
Yeah, I'm hoping to see that as well. Yet, I'd love the film nonetheless.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

This is what I've been waiting for.
I was too a little worried about the whole outright acceptance thing, but I'm glad to see that isn't entirely the case. I'd still like to see a little more of this, and definitely something of this nature from Stoick in the movie, but this is good enough for me now (:

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

In my oppinion, I think this reaction is fitting. For his character. Hiccup has a lot of sarcasm in his personality. That sarcasm held back any full-blown anger, like it has before, like getting caught by Alvin and he appeared so calm instead of shouting and using shear rage. Hiccup doesn't use rage until he's pushed to, like arguing with his father. His tone was on-spot too.

I also don't think getting super angry is a great reaction when Valka was running and beckoning him someplace either. Her reaction and intentions on showing him something would have made it kind of awkward if he started yelling and crying. Questioning her with slightly anguished tone: good. Screaming and anger: not so good.

Overall, this was good because Hiccup stayed in-character. :)

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Hiccup does get sarcastic when he gets angry, true enough (though I wouldn't have said there was any sarcasm in that, just exasperation and confusion), but there's still a trace of venom in it. Early scenes in the first movie are a great example. Hiccup may be sarcastic about his father's treatment of him, but it's also clear that he's pretty pissed off at it as well. And that's something he would have grown somewhat resigned to. In the case of an event that takes him completely by surprise, the anger should, if anything, be more overt.

Again, this is better than what we've seen previously, but it still comes off as bizarre and unbelievable behaviour.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Tessem7
Dragon Trainer

That's cute that Toothless has to push up Hiccup's butt.
"Thank you for summing that up."

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

Uploaded to YouTube here guys.

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2 - Hiccup Questions His Mother, Valka

I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.