Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Gobber!
Topic Started: 24 Sep 2014, 17:10 (9216 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Gerard Butler saw the movie in theaters and thought that the line referred to Gobber's "family jewels" being cut off in a dragon fight, much like his other limbs
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Pikey
Wow!

RealHousewifeofBerk
30 May 2014, 22:54
Really, the moment we all should have known the truth about Gobber is in GotNF, when everyone was in the great hall after the dragons left, I think Stoick said something about how Vikings have made it through 300 years or Snoggletog without dragons, and this one shouldn't be any different, and then Gobber runs in with reindeer antlers and jingle bells and was dressed in green and red and he goes, "Yeah! Because Vikings are TOUGH! Well, most of the time." :D
I wouldn't instantly assume he was gay from that, just Gobber being Gobber.

Lastandir
Gronckle

WasBornCrazy
24 Sep 2014, 21:10
Gerard Butler saw the movie in theaters and thought that the line referred to Gobber's "family jewels" being cut off in a dragon fight, much like his other limbs
Best thing is that you can't be sure about Gobber... Accident, gay, maybe some promise (lost wife? who knows). DeBlois said, that more about Gobber will be at 3rd movie...

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Lastandir
24 Sep 2014, 22:19
WasBornCrazy
Best thing is that you can't be sure about Gobber... Accident, gay, maybe some promise (lost wife? who knows). DeBlois said, that more about Gobber will be at 3rd movie...
Yeah, but he also said that he liked the idea of Gobber coming out.

Apparently it's a big thing in the third movie. I do hope they don't overdo it. Already, there is a group of people against the idea of a homosexual person.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

WasBornCrazy
24 Sep 2014, 22:45
Lastandir
24 Sep 2014, 22:19
WasBornCrazy
Yeah, but he also said that he liked the idea of Gobber coming out.

Apparently it's a big thing in the third movie. I do hope they don't overdo it. Already, there is a group of people against the idea of a homosexual person.
Yeah I hope they don't make a big deal out of it in the 3rd movie either. I don't think Gobber's sexuality will do anything to advance Hiccup ad Toothless' story. People will be too focused on Hiccup, Toothless and Astrid. Is anyone really going to care about a side plot involving Gobber or any other side character at this point?

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

http://evolequals.com/2014/06/10/how-my ... important/

I found this and it made me smile. :)
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

hcsp1
My only master is the free wind

I have no idea if somebody mentioned this in the previous comments, but it's related to what my thoughts are about the subject.

There was an episode back in 2011 of Craig Ferguson's show where Jay Baruchel was one of the guests. At one point they started talking about HTTYD and when Craig asked Jay if he already recorded dialog for HTTYD 2, he said that he did and asked Craig "Isn't your character coming out of the closet in that one?" or something like that(Recommend checking that intreview BTW, it's really funny!)

I thought nothing of it when I saw it, I thought it was just a joke... turns out Jay spoiled us a part of the movie 3 years before it was release. When I saw the movie for the first time and the scene arrived I was like "So he was serious..." and laughed at it throughout all the next day.

Personally, I don't have a problem with it being official. So he is gay, it doesn't change the fact that he is a great and funny character. The only way this can ruin something is if they draw too much attention to it, which I doubt they will do.

Pikey
Wow!

RealHousewifeofBerk
25 Sep 2014, 16:24
http://evolequals.com/2014/06/10/how-my ... important/

I found this and it made me smile. :)
I always thought that made the most sense.

Besides, Gobber has all the classic banter. :P