Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons 2 on RottenTomatoes!
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 00:56 (6912 Views)
puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

Sabrina
13 Jun 2014, 00:44
Metacritic:

The New York Times: 70/100

Rotten Tomatoes:

The New York Times: Rotten

??????????????
There's something wrong. :huh:
Link to the review in question

I gather Holden's a story-over-spectacle critic. Thus, he's suggesting that overall the film is worth watching (hence 7/10), but the story was stunted (hence rotten).
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Sabrina
13 Jun 2014, 00:44
Metacritic:

The New York Times: 70/100

Rotten Tomatoes:

The New York Times: Rotten

??????????????
There's something wrong. :huh:
Yeah, every now and then, you do get these odd anomalies. As things stand, I don't think such things have ever had a significant effect on the Tomatometer. That certainly holds true here, since HTTYD 2 has already had a legitimately rotten review.

Although reading that review, I am so glad to see that someone else has finally noticed that Valka is not feral.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

They just change The New York Times Review from Rotten to Fresh.

:D *dance*
"Pain... love it."

Oneill5491
Terrible Terror

HTTYD 2 just got two back-to-back rotten reviews which brought the approval rating down 2 percentage points from 94% to 92% and the average rating score down by a tenth of a point to 7.7 -_-

What really aggregates me is that one of the rotten reviews accuses the film for essentially being too believable. I mean c'mon, wtf?

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

1/5????

This ridiculous. Give me a break.
"Pain... love it."

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

If you're talking about the Cinefantastique review, the reviewer does actually make some good points. The problem is that he's overlooked all the parts of the story that work.
Quote:

What really aggregates me is that one of the rotten reviews accuses the film for essentially being too believable. I mean c'mon, wtf?
The writer basically wanted more fantasy from his fantasy. It's not a point I agree with, but it's a fair enough one.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.