Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons 2 on RottenTomatoes!
Topic Started: 17 May 2014, 14:18 (6971 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

What Zer0x said.

But it's so lame that the people are saying that HTTYD was a horrible movie on the comments. Ugh...

And somebody was commenting how people already know the "plot twist" (Valka) and how it ruins the movie. People don't really know anything about HTTYD2 if they think the Valka reveal ruins the movie.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

I know it will go down soon. There just no way that every critic will think that HTTYD2 is good. There's always that few critics that hate a certain kind of movie and will give it a low score, or in this case, give it a rotten rating.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

To the best of my knowledge, no film since the invention of Rotten Tomatoes has actually managed a 100% rating. It could be coincidence, or it could just be the case that some film critics have realised that the site gives them the ability to gain instant publicity by going against the grain.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

Cartoon Freak
02 Jun 2014, 11:12
To the best of my knowledge, no film since the invention of Rotten Tomatoes has actually managed a 100% rating. [...]
Surprisingly, there are two films that have achieved this feat with over 100 reviews: Man on Wire (2008; 151 fresh) and Toy Story 2 (1999; 163 fresh).

As for HTTYD 2, well... with reviews like this (5/10), I wouldn't hold my breath.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Hmm, I knew Toy Story 2 had 100%, but I figured it was older than Rotten Tomatoes. I guess that site is older than I thought.

Also, note to self: see Man on Wire. Any film that manages to get 100% on Rotten Tomatoes must be doing something right.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

All this hype is killing me,

Time to shut off and mentally prepare myself again haha :ermm:

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

I hate critics, they are so bipolar.

American Hustle score on RT AND Metacritic made me lost fate on them. -_-
They only like boring movies, overrate Pixar, and underrate DreamWorks movies (I will never forgive the score of The Road to El Dorado).

On Metacritic the score of HTTYD is outrageous. If they already gave a bad score for the first movie, what can I wait for HTTYD2? 60 or 50's probably.
"Pain... love it."

itistimetodisappear
I don't mind eels except as meals and the way they feels

HideousZippleback
17 May 2014, 05:19
The only problem people have with it is that it doesn't have the "same beating heart" as the original. Not that I didn't expect that.
Naa i'm not too worried about that.. I know its gonna attack the feels, no doubt about it. I don't think i'm gonna get that heart melting, soul crushing emotion that I first got in the forbidden Friendship scene, but who cares? it'll still be moving, but this time, there gonna be more haRDCORE DRAGON RIDING AND ACTION AND BIGGER DRAGONS AND FIRE AND EPICNESS AND ASDFGHJKL IM SO EXCITED.
In the darkness before the dawn,
In the swirling of the storm,
When I'm rolling with the punches,
And hope is gone,
Leave a light,
A light on.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Sabrina
02 Jun 2014, 18:27
On Metacritic the score of HTTYD is outrageous. If they already gave a bad score for the first movie, what can I wait for HTTYD2? 60 or 50's probably.
I looked up the score out of curiosity. Now, I don't know offhand how Metacritic calculates the score (I would assume it's simply the average percentage from all qualifying reviews, but it could be something else), but 74% seems like a pretty darn good score. The thing to bear in mind is that these critics would have seen the basic story of HTTYD dozens of times before, so it's understandable that they wouldn't get hugely excited about it to the point of giving five-star reviews.

Or, to phrase it a different way: the 98% on Rotten Tomatoes shows that critics overwhelmingly liked the movie; the 74% on Metacritic shows that considerably less loved it. Fair enough.

CatsMeow
Gronckle

Even if it doesn't have the same heart as the first movie; I don't care. It needs to fill up my heart in a different way, I don't expect or want the same outcome! I need something fresh, like this movie. [= It looks beautiful, I love the actors and characters, and the story gives me chills. xD Especially with Drago being the antagonist. He looks creepy!

I don't care who dies, or whatever; it'll be the animation of a lifetime! :wub:
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."