Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Httyd... 4?
Topic Started: 07 Jun 2014, 16:28 (8890 Views)
AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

BerserkDragon
04 Jun 2014, 18:29
I want Dragons to continue for as long as possible, and if it means making a fourth movie, then I'm OK with that :D even if it's not as good as the original film, it's still a Dragon film to watch :$
Yeah, even if it's not as good as the others, I would be fine with it! By then my sister would be able to join the fandom! :D The only thing is, we might be over it by then, since I became a fan because of the books, but I would most likely return for a new movie. Anyway, the more dragons the merrier!
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Still what kind of story would they do if the dragons (and when) they leave in HTTYD3?

HTTYD PT
Gronckle

let's go see if the saga how to train your dragon does not end with just 3 movies but with 4 films. ;)

theringhero
All that is gold does not glitter.

The Dreamworks dream seems to make a three or four movie series, a television series, and a spin-off movie.

Shrek had four movies, no TV series, and one spin-off.

Madagascar had three movies, a TV series, and an upcoming spin-off.

Kung Fu Panda currently two movies with one in production and three more planned, and a TV series.

I'd be surprised if HTTYD didn't head that same direction, too.

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

If we take what Katzenberg said at face value, what we might get is a three-hour third act in two instalments. Now, we know the third act is supposed to explain how all the dragons disappeared. That sounds like a significant chunk of story to tell in 90 minutes. To me, it sounds meatier than HTTYD 2's story arc, which some of us—not all, but some—felt was paced a tad too quickly. With that in mind, and assuming Dean is (or will be) wholeheartedly onboard, perhaps a split finale isn't such a bad idea.

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Quote:

If we take what Katzenberg said at face value, what we might get is a three-hour third act in two instalments. Now, we know the third act is supposed to explain how all the dragons disappeared. That sounds like a significant chunk of story to tell in 90 minutes. To me, it sounds meatier than HTTYD 2's story arc, which some of us—not all, but some—felt was paced a tad too quickly. With that in mind, and assuming Dean is (or will be) wholeheartedly onboard, perhaps a split finale isn't such a bad idea.
^This. Indeed there is still a TON of story left that would be kinda hard to fit into another 100 min window. I think it would be wise to extend it to 200 min so that we can get a better progression towards the series climax. I actually have a whole bunch of reasons why a 200 min windows would be beneficial maybe I'll write them up tomorrow (its going to be long) *Feels to lazy right now*