Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd... 4?
Topic Started: 04 Jun 2014, 13:06 (9025 Views)
AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Neilandio
04 Jun 2014, 17:02
I seriously don't understand you people. 4 movies is always better than 3 IMO. It's not like the quality of the fourth one will change the quality of the first three. And it may even turn out to be better.
Trust me. It's almost guaranteed that the fourth will be worse. It's just how the film industry works, I challenge you to find a fourth film in a franchise that's better than any of the originals.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Well honestly a fourth movie could go either way :/ but if it's a standalone movie based after a well rounded trilogy even if it's really good it won't seem so next to the 'perfect' trilogy you know?
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Neilandio
I seriously don't understand you people. 4 movies is always better than 3 IMO. It's not like the quality of the fourth one will change the quality of the first three. And it may even turn out to be better.
Analytics have shown that quadrilogies are normally not as prolific as trilogies. 3 or 7 are the best values for stories. When he want to tell more, he should make a second trilogy.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Neilandio
Dragon trainer

AndyMay
04 Jun 2014, 17:06
Neilandio
Trust me. It's almost guaranteed that the fourth will be worse. It's just how the film industry works, I challenge you to find a fourth film in a franchise that's better than any of the originals.
I like X-Men: First class better than the previous ones.
My dragon den:

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Neilandio
04 Jun 2014, 17:17
AndyMay
Neilandio
They're not really the same though, are they? They're set in the same universe, but vastly different from the original trilogy.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

AndyMay
04 Jun 2014, 17:19
Neilandio
AndyMay
They're not really the same though, are they? They're set in the same universe, but vastly different from the original trilogy.

.... a prequel? o_0
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

AndyMay
04 Jun 2014, 17:19
Neilandio
AndyMay
It was actually the fifth, theoretically, and is a pre-quel of sorts. X-Men isn't a good comparison anyway as half of them weren't even made with the original Director and were in all honesty rather pathetic in comparison to the comic. The movie series after X2 is very much a shambles.

I would think that with such a dedicated team as we have for HTTYD, they would stay on and make sure the fourth movie was the best it can be if it is to happen.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Toothless123
Night Fury

Hmmm... I'm not really sure what to think of this... Maybe, like others have suggested, they should/could split it into two parts. For example:
Spoiler: click to toggle

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

Neilandio
Well some films just end up dragging sequels out etc just to drain every last bit of money they can get from the franchise.

*CoughShrekCough*
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I want Dragons to continue for as long as possible, and if it means making a fourth movie, then I'm OK with that :D even if it's not as good as the original film, it's still a Dragon film to watch :$
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.