Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd... 4?
Topic Started: 17 May 2014, 12:05 (8893 Views)
thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Quote:

Jeffrey Katzenberg, chief executive officer of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. (DWA), wants to extend the “How to Train Your Dragon” series to a fourth film. His director, Dean DeBlois, isn’t on board yet.
Check out the article here

What do you guys think?
Personally I'm not too keen. We all know that DreamWorks gets a little carried away with sequels (*cough* Shrek *cough* Madagascar) and I just don't want it to be squeezed out into another film just for the sake of it. If Dean believes it should be a trilogy, and has ideas of how it can all nicely wrap up then why ruin that? I mean, yes I would love the franchise to stay alive after HTTYD3 but I'd rather it be left as a really good trilogy than four films that got a bit rubbish towards the end.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

:D If this is true, my sister can join the fandom before it's gone! Of course, we might be over it because the books will be done.

I think you're right... I don't want them to ruin HTTYD.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

MizaT11
Member Avatar
Hatchling

If its like a two part film, i wont argue, thats a great idea :P

xMythicalTailx
Dragon Egg

I heard that it's actually possible they might expand after the third movie, they wanted to match the movie up with the books a little more. I don't know, I guess we'll have to see how this movie and the third goes. Dean and his crew seem to be doing a good job, those animations were mainly for kids so yea...Who knows? It would be nice, though. :)
"Shut up music, I don't want to hear you right now. I want to eat this chip. Mmm..." Ken
"Always sailing, sailing, sailing...never quite reaching." Cressida Cowell
"Stop screaming we've all got problems!" Markiplier

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

This could be interesting. I would never complain about another HTTYD movie :) But if Dean says the story can wrap in 3 films, I'd go on his word
C4P741N 5W4N

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

xMythicalTailx
17 May 2014, 16:14
I heard that it's actually possible they might expand after the third movie, they wanted to match the movie up with the books a little more. I don't know, I guess we'll have to see how this movie and the third goes. Dean and his crew seem to be doing a good job, those animations were mainly for kids so yea...Who knows? It would be nice, though. :)
What. Did. You. Say?
xMythicalTailx
I heard that it's actually possible they might expand after the third movie, they wanted to match the movie up with the books a little more.
YES!!!!
xMythicalTailx
match the movie up with the books
IF THIS HAPPENENS, MY DREAMS SHALL COME TRUE! (Well, still no book Hiccup. :P )
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

It must not end after 3 movies. The whole thing is to big and to important to let it end after only 6 years.

When they don't do it, there will be fan made movies.

A fourth movie is in my opinion a bad idea. But a second trilogy or spin-offs in the same universe, but with other characters and in another time is probably wat we will get. It have to be when this series want to take place next to Star Wars and the Tolkien universe.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Hic626
Terrible Terror

If HTTYD4 ever happened I think I would be pretty sad, I feel that this story needs to be a trilogy (and thats what Dean wants, too). Please don't milk this great franchise for every penny! I think Dreamworks needs to be bold and show some restraint imo.

I don't see the idea of splitting the last one into two parts too much of a bad idea. I would strongly just prefer one final film, but if it has to happen, it has to happen.

MizaT11
Member Avatar
Hatchling

OR if everything thats planned really cant be done in a single film...Why dont they just give us a 3 hour movie? Seriously, and hour and a half is not enough! XD

xMythicalTailx
Dragon Egg

Yes, that's what I heard @AuroraBorealis, I have yet to read past the third book since I'm not able to afford much but it's what I heard back around the time when the second season of the Television series was ending and when they released the Teaser Trailer for the movie. :) Not sure if true, it might be a rumor but it would be nice indeed. ;) Haha, I can see you love the books too! ^__^
"Shut up music, I don't want to hear you right now. I want to eat this chip. Mmm..." Ken
"Always sailing, sailing, sailing...never quite reaching." Cressida Cowell
"Stop screaming we've all got problems!" Markiplier