Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Theories On How HTTYD2 Will Go
Topic Started: 18 May 2014, 21:19 (4420 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Let's ignore all the spoilers and rumors for a moment and talk about something we should've been talking about long ago. I would like to here your theories on how Dragons 2 begins, what happens in the middle, and how it ends. Pretend you have been asked to write a summery about it using what you have learned from the clips, trailers, art book and the children's books.(If you have read/seen them)

After that, I want you to hold onto your theories for the rest of the month. I think if we each share how we think Dragons 2 will go, it'll make us feel better about it and help us ignore the spoilers.

Plus, it'll be fun to see if any of us get it right! :P
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I'd really love to discuss this, but between the book scans, soundtrack titles, and reviews from Cannes I pretty much know exactly what the plot is right down to the ending. I'm still looking forward to the movie because I don't mind spoilers and the execution of ideas is often what distinguishes a great movie from an average one. I do think it's best I stay out of this though. It would be impossible for what I know not to show up at least subconsciously.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

Faerie_Dragon
Dragon Bassist

KentuckyWildcat
19 May 2014, 01:27
I'd really love to discuss this, but between the book scans, soundtrack titles, and reviews from Cannes I pretty much know exactly what the plot is right down to the ending. I'm still looking forward to the movie because I don't mind spoilers and the execution of ideas is often what distinguishes a great movie from an average one. I do think it's best I stay out of this though. It would be impossible for what I know not to show up at least subconsciously.
Pretty much the same as me.

Given the chance I think I could write the entire plot now :s
It's a shame cause a past self would love to be part of this discussion.
I challenge you to be lazier than me!

Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me. Sub me.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

KentuckyWildcat
I understand.:) So even though you know what will happen, you feel you'll be able to still enjoy it?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Faerie_Dragon
19 May 2014, 01:31
KentuckyWildcat
Pretty much the same as me.

Given the chance I think I could write the entire plot now :s
It's a shame cause a past self would love to be part of this discussion.
I'm sorry about that. Ok, so what you have read, what is your opinion on it? Do you think it'll be the spectacular movie DW is promising?

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I'll try and give a condensed version of what I think.

Pretty much I think It will go like this:

(Starting after Itchy Armpit) Hiccup and Astrid go off exploring, where they then find the giant ice thingy ("What could've done this" line) Astrid, for what ever reason flies off. Hiccup and Toothless are then confronted by Valka and Cloudjumper and are captured, Hiccup learns about Valka, lots of flashbacks and introductions and such.

Now at this point I'm slightly unsure of the order but, I think, Hiccup leaves, where he is then either captured by Drago (or possibly Eret) or he returns to Berk with news of his mother.

If it is the former then I would then say we got the 'Stormfly Fetch'. The gang will then meet Drago (The clip where he walks into Hookfangs fire) but are still able to rescue Hiccup, most likely with the help of Valka. Hiccup will return to Berk and confront Stoick about Drago (Possibly Drago mentioned Stoick during Hiccups capture?). It might be that Hiccup never made it to Drago, as he was recued from Erets ship before he was turned over (You all know what clip I mean, as many people, for whatever reason, don't like it). Even then Astrid and the others go to Dragos base, can't think of a reason.

If it was the latter, then Hiccup brings Stoick to Valka where we then get the 'You're as beautiful as the day I lost you' clip. Then the section above happens. It works either way, but most likely the above bit happened before this.

I should note, while the gang are in Dragos base they saw his fleet pulling the Second Bewilderbeast out of the water (when they're looking over the edge and you can see bubnles in the water).

Then a large blank section where I can't think of anything to happen except, maybe, converting Eret over to the good side, and Hiccup learning from Valka.

Finally we have the final battle where the Berkians and Dragons do, eventually, win (most likely at great cost, including the good Bewilderbeast) but Drago and his Bewilderbeast survive. Everyone returns to Berk when suddenly the evil Bewildebeast returns and attacks Berk. Hiccup and the gang are able to save Berk from the BB but, I think, there is a good chance someone dies (I possibly think Stoick so that what I'm about to say works) after the battle, and possible death of Stoick, Hiccup happily (loose term. I mean he's sad about Stoucks death, but he has no problem becoming chief anymore) accends to become Chief of Berk.

Hiccup and Astrid then get married, because my headcanon/hiccstrid obsession said that it muct happen!

I'm probably totally wrong. But this is the general idea of what I think. I'm probably missing a lot of things from clips that I've forgotten about.

Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Spoiler tags just to be safe before giving my general feelings. I tried hard to avoid any specifics.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

AndyMay
19 May 2014, 01:45
I'll try and give a condensed version of what I think.

Pretty much I think It will go like this:

(Starting after Itchy Armpit) Hiccup and Astrid go off exploring, where they then find the giant ice thingy ("What could've done this" line) Astrid, for what ever reason flies off. Hiccup and Toothless are then confronted by Valka and Cloudjumper and are captured, Hiccup learns about Valka, lots of flashbacks and introductions and such.

Now at this point I'm slightly unsure of the order but, I think, Hiccup leaves, where he is then either captured by Drago (or possibly Eret) or he returns to Berk with news of his mother.

If it is the former then I would then say we got the 'Stormfly Fetch'. The gang will then meet Drago (The clip where he walks into Hookfangs fire) but are still able to rescue Hiccup, most likely with the help of Valka. Hiccup will return to Berk and confront Stoick about Drago (Possibly Drago mentioned Stoick during Hiccups capture?). It might be that Hiccup never made it to Drago, as he was recued from Erets ship before he was turned over (You all know what clip I mean, as many people, for whatever reason, don't like it). Even then Astrid and the others go to Dragos base, can't think of a reason.

If it was the latter, then Hiccup brings Stoick to Valka where we then get the 'You're as beautiful as the day I lost you' clip. Then the section above happens. It works either way, but most likely the above bit happened before this.

I should note, while the gang are in Dragos base they saw his fleet pulling the Second Bewilderbeast out of the water (when they're looking over the edge and you can see bubnles in the water).

Then a large blank section where I can't think of anything to happen except, maybe, converting Eret over to the good side, and Hiccup learning from Valka.

Finally we have the final battle where the Berkians and Dragons do, eventually, win (most likely at great cost, including the good Bewilderbeast) but Drago and his Bewilderbeast survive. Everyone returns to Berk when suddenly the evil Bewildebeast returns and attacks Berk. Hiccup and the gang are able to save Berk from the BB but, I think, there is a good chance someone dies (I possibly think Stoick so that what I'm about to say works) after the battle, and possible death of Stoick, Hiccup happily (loose term. I mean he's sad about Stoucks death, but he has no problem becoming chief anymore) accends to become Chief of Berk.

Hiccup and Astrid then get married, because my headcanon/hiccstrid obsession said that it muct happen!

I'm probably totally wrong. But this is the general idea of what I think. I'm probably missing a lot of things from clips that I've forgotten about.

That's not bad! It's sort of along the line of what I think might happen. Even though I don't think/want Stoick to die, I at least hope he goes out with dignity and nobility.:)
Stoick has been apart of the first have of Hiccup's life, so maybe Valka will be apart of the second half. It's just a nice thought though.:)

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Well the only reason I suspect he will die is because of the new piece 'Two New Alphas' which I think is about Hiccup becoming Chief (ergo, 'Alpha') of Berk and Toothless becoming the New Aplha for the Dragons.

That's what I think at least.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

KentuckyWildcat
19 May 2014, 01:59
Spoiler tags just to be safe before giving my general feelings. I tried hard to avoid any specifics.
Spoiler: click to toggle

I get what you're saying, and I agree. For me, a good movie is one that brings me into its world and taking me on an adventure. All I want from this film is a fun and exciting experience.

With the third film, I do feel like they're counting their chickens before they hatch. But I trust Mr. DeBlois, and I'm sure he will give it his best when the third rolls by. With the rumored fourth one, however, I have a feeling he will not be involved. I don't know, it's way to early to judge.