Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will HTTYD 2 beat Frozen?
Topic Started: 08 Jun 2014, 09:36 (14911 Views)
puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

Zer0x
06 Jun 2014, 10:36
From a technical POV Frozen has [...] really bad animations [...]
This point in particular came as somewhat of a shock. Compared to the quality of their previous output (i.e., Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph), Frozen's character animations felt unnaturally restrained, as though they were trying to just match their live action reference, not caricature it. Elsa's breakout ballad in particular is painful to watch. For all she sang about breaking the mould, her movements and expressions felt reserved, devoid of the flamboyancy the sequence promised. Then again, these are all subjective observations.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

And yet I have to tolerate my sister screaming ''LET IT GOOOOHOHOOO'' out of tune all day cos some good looking barbie Disney princess sang it.
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Astrid
Gronckle

Eret
04 Jun 2014, 13:49
There is no beating superhero movies anymore... which makes me think Big Hero 6 is going to be the big winner in animation this year. People will throw money at anything superhero related.
^THIS so much this, Big Hero 6 is the first collaboration between 2 powerhouses Disney and Marvel. I don't know yet who took the reins of the project, as if diney took only care of the animation or animation and plot and marvel only gave the rights, but if Disney was smart enough and they only took charge of the animation and they let Marvel be the ones in charge of the plot adaptation and characterisations then.... welp it's a potential hit.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

puxlit
08 Jun 2014, 13:36
Zer0x
06 Jun 2014, 10:36
From a technical POV Frozen has [...] really bad animations [...]
This point in particular came as somewhat of a shock. Compared to the quality of their previous output (i.e., Tangled and Wreck-It Ralph), Frozen's character animations felt unnaturally restrained, as though they were trying to just match their live action reference, not caricature it. Elsa's breakout ballad in particular is painful to watch. For all she sang about breaking the mould, her movements and expressions felt reserved, devoid of the flamboyancy the sequence promised. Then again, these are all subjective observations.
I have always believed that Frozen's animation is worse than that of Tangled (and Tangled came out three years before it so...)

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

Zer0x
08 Jun 2014, 12:28
The problem with the song is, that the voice was not only on the centre channel, it was on every channel with a little delay to the centre. On a normal 5.1 system, you don't hear it difference because of the room reflection, but when you listen to the stereo downmix or in a recording studio, you hear the delay and that's sh*t. It wouldn't be that bad when they made an extra mix for stereo, but it is just a normal downmix from the surround track.
I just

I just can't even

*sighs*
HideousZippleback
08 Jun 2014, 19:33
I have always believed that Frozen's animation is worse than that of Tangled (and Tangled came out three years before it so...)
Tangled had more fun with its animation. My favorite example is Maximus chewing up one of the "wanted" posters like a paper shredder.

Frozen's animation, by contrast, tried to remain realistic in its range of motion, which didn't really help.
Σ (a sigma-ture)

derpyshan
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I never watched Frozen.

BiggestToothlessFanEVER
Terrible Terror

derpyshan
09 Jun 2014, 04:31
I never watched Frozen.
Frozen was a good movie but it had too many songs so often throughout the film

Eret
....Son of Eret

BiggestToothlessFanEVER
09 Jun 2014, 04:45
derpyshan
09 Jun 2014, 04:31
I never watched Frozen.
Frozen was a good movie but it had too many songs so often throughout the film

Frozen had too many songs in the first thirty minutes and then completely forgot it was a musical so they threw in that pointless trolls song******

FTFY

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

TheCube42
08 Jun 2014, 21:54
HideousZippleback
08 Jun 2014, 19:33
Tangled had more fun with its animation. My favorite example is Maximus chewing up one of the "wanted" posters like a paper shredder.

Frozen's animation, by contrast, tried to remain realistic in its range of motion, which didn't really help.
I saw Frozen and I still think Tangled is better...

"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

BiggestToothlessFanEVER