Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will HTTYD 2 beat Frozen?
Topic Started: 09 Jun 2014, 15:13 (15002 Views)
Sabrina
Terrible Terror

Rocky Rose
09 Jun 2014, 05:27
TheCube42
08 Jun 2014, 21:54
HideousZippleback
08 Jun 2014, 19:33
I have always believed that Frozen's animation is worse than that of Tangled (and Tangled came out three years before it so...)
Tangled had more fun with its animation. My favorite example is Maximus chewing up one of the "wanted" posters like a paper shredder.

Frozen's animation, by contrast, tried to remain realistic in its range of motion, which didn't really help.
I saw Frozen and I still think Tangled is better...
this.
"Pain... love it."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Arys
Dragon Egg

Well, I've seen both Frozen and HTTYD2. In my thought, honestly, HTTYD2 is unlikely beat Frozen in terms of Box Office. As far as I know, please correct me if I'm wrong, no DreamWorks Animation's movies has ever really beaten Disney's, something that I'm not particularly like for now.

Frozen is still kinda typical fairy tale to me, with its King, Queen, Prince and Princess stereotype. It's not too much emotional, as I think How to Train Your Dragon 2 is better for me. his might be because I like it so much, but really, HTTYD2 is way better than Frozen, with its much more worldly humor, realism, and emotion within. Plus, as much as I like listening music, Dragons don't need songs at every single scene.

Toothless123
Night Fury

ToothlessNightFury
03 Jun 2014, 20:37
also the Squeeze and Growl Toothless is just too cute.
He purrs, gurrgles (as my friend describes it) and roars. I love it :)
I took the sound out though so if I roll onto him at night he won't roar and startle me awake.
Hmm. I should do that too, so I can have him on my bed again, and not just put him on my windowsill. :D

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Eret
09 Jun 2014, 05:18
BiggestToothlessFanEVER
09 Jun 2014, 04:45
derpyshan
09 Jun 2014, 04:31
I never watched Frozen.
Frozen was a good movie but it had too many songs so often throughout the film

Frozen had too many songs in the first thirty minutes and then completely forgot it was a musical so they threw in that pointless trolls song******

FTFY
Oh come on, it's not that bad. Frozen is all around pretty good. May we please go back to the topic, the Frozen mocking gets old and unnecessary.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

KentuckyWildcat
24 May 2014, 17:30
It depends on what you mean by "surpass". HTTYD 2 might end up being considered a higher quality movie, although that can be subjective as evidenced by the seemingly overwhelming hate for Frozen on this board compared to the generally favorable critical reviews.

I'd really doubt that Frozen can be surpassed in terms of box office success though. It had a perfect combination of factors going for it. The Disney name which rightly or wrongly will always attract more casual interest than the DreamWorks brand, a release at a time when there were few other marquee movies for several weeks, and a song from the soundtrack which went viral. HTTYD 2 will have none of those things in its favor.
True, but so sad! I feel like sometimes DW movies get... unappreciated only because they AREN'T Disney. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

But I do know that I will enjoy Dragons way more than Frozen.

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

Sometimes I feel like you guys forget that Shrek 2 is still is the highest grossing animation of all time (domestically). And It wasn't even a 3D movie, or had a re-release like Frozen.

DW also has records people.
"Pain... love it."

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

Sabrina
09 Jun 2014, 22:11
Sometimes I feel like you guys forget that Shrek 2 is still is the highest grossing animation of all time (domestically). And It wasn't even a 3D movie, or had a re-release like Frozen.

Yeah, I'm pretty alone here, because I'm one of the few Disney lovers. xP DreamWorks has made some pretty bad movies themselves... *CoughTurboCough* (Who got the idea of making a movie about a racing snail?!)
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Sabrina

Frozen was re-released? I didn't even know that...

How lame.

Eret
....Son of Eret

AuroraBorealis
09 Jun 2014, 20:58
Eret
09 Jun 2014, 05:18
BiggestToothlessFanEVER
09 Jun 2014, 04:45
Frozen was a good movie but it had too many songs so often throughout the film

Frozen had too many songs in the first thirty minutes and then completely forgot it was a musical so they threw in that pointless trolls song******

FTFY
Oh come on, it's not that bad. Frozen is all around pretty good. May we please go back to the topic, the Frozen mocking gets old and unnecessary.
I can't stand frozen and I don't care.

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

HideousZippleback
09 Jun 2014, 22:16
Sabrina

Frozen was re-released? I didn't even know that...

How lame.
It had a sing-along version.
"Pain... love it."