Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will HTTYD 2 beat Frozen?
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 15:45 (14893 Views)
Argetlam
Hatchling

I can only imagine HTTYD 2 having a very long and bountiful reign for its entire stay in theaters, how high or low its opening ends up being. plus, with reviews this good, word of mouth should set them up for a happy winning streak.

Ride on all!

"What was once your life, is now your legend"
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Sabrina
14 Jun 2014, 16:31
The opening day was terrible. :'(

PLEASE let this not be the new Rise of the Guardians....
Eh, remember that the original didn't do particularly well on its opening weekend, but did very well in the long term. I guess this will probably be something like that.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Sabrina
Terrible Terror

Cartoon Freak
15 Jun 2014, 00:40
Sabrina

Eh, remember that the original didn't do particularly well on its opening weekend, but did very well in the long term. I guess this will probably be something like that.
Sequels usually don't have great legs. They NEED a good start.
"Pain... love it."

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I've made a pact.
If HTTYD 2 wins an oscar or beats Frozen, I will do my victory dance (<- really embarrassing) in front of my class and wear pink (<- EUgh) for the rest of that week.
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

WasBornCrazy
15 Jun 2014, 02:14
I've made a pact.
If HTTYD 2 wins an oscar or beats Frozen, I will do my victory dance (<- really embarrassing) in front of my class and wear pink (<- EUgh) for the rest of that week.
With you on that.. even though I enjoyed Frozen... oh wait- I m repeating myself :O

HTTYD2 is like... a billion times better then Frozen was... and HTTYD2 deserves me seeing it alot more while it's in theaters... *hands Dreamworks my money..*
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

HiccupxAstrid123
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Yes it kicked frozens butt.
HICCSTRID IS SOOOO CUTE

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Sabrina
15 Jun 2014, 02:09
Cartoon Freak
15 Jun 2014, 00:40
Sabrina

Sequels usually don't have great legs. They NEED a good start.
I think there's one important variable you're not considering, namely that most sequels suck, and HTTYD 2 does not (it's not as good as the first one, but it's still good). The word of mouth will be considerably better than for most sequels, thus giving it more legs.

But hey, if you ask me, it doesn't really matter how well it does at the box office anyway, since the sequel is already confirmed.

Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Skywalker
Member Avatar
Hatchling

A lot of odd bitterness about Frozen in here.

The opening weekend numbers aren't great, but it is an animated family film so it should have good legs. But the numbers so far do not indicate as much affection for the first film as I thought there was.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

HTTYD 2 has the highest rating on rotten tomatoes right now, out of all the movies in theatre.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Seems like it has beaten Frozen on the opening weekend grossing. It is already at $50,000,000 in 2 days and that with only $18,000,000 on the opening day. Frozen had $67,000,000 on its opening weekend.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..