Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Drago Bloodfist's Cloak
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 03:05 (4626 Views)
underwater-smiles
wanna-be dragon trainer

So, when I was watching HTTYD 2, I noticed that Drago's cloak thing looked a lot like a dragon pelt, just with some embellishment. Now knowing what we know about Drago, he seems like the kind of person to have a cloak made from the pelt of a dragon, right?
But, my big dilemma was that said pelt looked oddly familiar. Which leads me to this: Drago's cloak might be made from the pelt of a Night Fury. Why do I think this? Look at the resemblance between the two here:

Drago's cloak:

(sorry for the single pic in bad quality! I grabbed this from a trailer on youtube)

Toothless up close:

Drago's cloak matches up with Toothless' skin. Both of them are dark brown/black, and have patches of circular scales on them. What other dragons have been shown in the HTTYD universe that have that combination? None that I've seen. Although, they are a little big different. The scales on Drago's cloak are slightly smaller than toothless', and more pronounced. They're kind of like bumps, while Toothless' are much more flat. Maybe this had something to do with the maturity of a Night Fury. We obviously don't know, because Toothless is the only Night Fury in the series.
And also, what do we know about Toothless? He's resistant to fire, like all dragons, but he seems to be able to take a higher concentration of it at higher temperatures. Remember when Hookfang shot fire at Drago, but nothing happened to Drago? The flames and heat don't affect Drago at all. Just like when Toothless protected Hiccup from burning to death in the explosion that took his leg.

But I'm not sure, maybe I'm over thinking this whole thing. What do you guys think?
everything is better with flower crowns!

check out my tumblr here: underwater-smiles.tumblr.com
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

OH DEAR. Drago killed a Night Fury and used it as a cloak! And the cloak is fireproof! And Hiccup's sword is made out of fire... I wonder how he's going to defeat him?

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Maybe he had a hand in causing the almost extinction of all Night Furies... which explains why Toothless is "the last of his kind.."

I wouldn't be surprised if he had something huge against Night Furies in particular... not that I'm going to speculate on anything with Drago's dark and seemingly complicated past that didn't get much explanation for motives in the flashback....

Edited to take off the spoiler tag..
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

ggamer77
Hatchling

Dang, didn't notice that. Might be what happened.
irc://irc.caffie.net/HTTYD
My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ggamer77

Toothless123
Night Fury

Rocky Rose
14 Jun 2014, 07:10
Spoiler: click to toggle
Just putting everything in spoilers for now....didn't realize this wasn't in the sub-forum til I clicked out of it....
Spoiler: click to toggle

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Moved to the Post-Movie Discussion Sub-Forum
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Could just be the skin of any dragon but charred black, who knows

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10380712/1/Vengeance

Literally my theory on this.

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

I was thinking the same thing because both Eret and Drago mentioned that they didn't think night furies were still alive.