Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Will HTTYD 2 beat Frozen?
Topic Started: 24 May 2014, 04:36 (14821 Views)
Berserk Shieldmaiden
Superior Warriorness

Okay so it seems like Frozen is the animated movie everyone is raving about this year. Does anyone else think HTTYD 2 has a chance of surpassing it?

I hope so because in my opinion, Frozen was overrated.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Of course it will B-)

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Is this honestly a question?! Saying Frozen might be more popular than HTTYD 2 when it comes out it like saying a brick can be faster than a wasp. (random example alert!)

Basically YES HTTYD 2 WILL PREVAIL :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

Oh, gods, I hope it does! But I guess we have no way of telling until release.
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

I am Smaug
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm a bit confused by what your asking. Are you asking whether or not httyd 2 will surpass frozen at the box office or that it will win more awards?

If it's the latter, than maybe, but sadly frozen more than likely has httyd beat in the music field at least. Httyd soundtrack is good, but songs with lyrics and a performance usual top those.

Box office would be difficult but still poissble. Httyd 1 earned just under 500 million. Considering the strong fan base it's gotten since then and the level of promotion deamworks is giving it and the fact it being released in the beginning of summer, httyd 2 will definitely have a big box office, but to surpass frozen it would need to eam over 1 billion which I don't think any dreamworlds film has ever done, though I could be wrong about that

Asvald Veleif
Dragon Animator

Hope.

Hope. :ermm:

Toothless Gif made by me.

Support my How to Train Your Dragon animations by subscribing to my youtube channel through the link below!

Click here for my dragon animations!

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

I honestly don't see this film successfully breaking 1 billion. As much as I want it to, I just don't think there is the audience for it, but I could be wrong.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

itistimetodisappear
I don't mind eels except as meals and the way they feels

Doesn't matter how much it gets at the box office, the general public are mindless sheep that will watch anything with cute animated girls, fluffy story lines and the word 'disney' in it. The very best films are not always the most popular.
I think httyd2 will be a better film than frozen. Whether its a more popular film is a completely different question. I don't care what it earns at the box office.

And frozen was boring and childish (great for kids obvs but not for me, it wasn't deep enough and the storyline was too predictably and the dialog was stale), no one's changing my mind about that.
In the darkness before the dawn,
In the swirling of the storm,
When I'm rolling with the punches,
And hope is gone,
Leave a light,
A light on.

Eret
....Son of Eret

No this movie is not going to beat Frozen's box office numbers, award wins, merchandise sales, or anything else. I say this as someone who can't stand Frozen either. But its just not happening unless a miracle occurs. Frozen got extremely lucky with its release timing and the fact that its a Disney princess movie. I hate to be so negative but no, its not going to "beat" Frozen on anything (except probably overall quality).

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Logistically I highly doubt it will get 1 billion but we can hope....

Though I know it's going to a TON better than Frozen.