Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Sad moments in httyd 2
Topic Started: 05 Jun 2014, 13:47 (3255 Views)
Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Well if heard some rumours about....somebody killing...someone else. Unfortunately I believe those rumours to be true :(. Please tell me if they are true just say yes or no. No detail. But apart from that you may spoil away because I honestly don't care about spoilers. I just want prepare myself so I don't completely lose it in the cinema.
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

micromys
Cathartes Aura

They are true.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

In the back of my mind I know it's true, I'm just going to deny it until I see the movie so I can be surprised. If it does end up being false, I would be happy as well. I don't really care about these things that much before hand, I'll love Dragons 2 either way. Well... I would get REALLY MAD if Toothless dies, (Which he won't as far as we know.).
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

AuroraBorealis
05 Jun 2014, 21:22
In the back of my mind I know it's true, I'm just going to deny it until I see the movie so I can be surprised. If it does end up being false, I would be happy as well. I don't really care about these things that much before hand, I'll love Dragons 2 either way. Well... I would get REALLY MAD if Toothless dies, (Which he won't as far as we know.).
If that happend I would stab someone in pure anger!

What a shame. Better bring 3 boxes of tissues to the cinema. But is it true that toothless kills...him (you know who I'm talking about)

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

The rumors of a character dying are true. I'm not going to say who it is, but it happens in the 2nd half of the movie and it is definitely a major character. In fact every person involved in this scene is a major character, and that makes it pretty easily the saddest part of the movie (at least to me). The aftermath is just as sad too. Prepare yourself if you get emotional easily.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

micromys
Cathartes Aura

Night fury fire
05 Jun 2014, 21:56
AuroraBorealis
05 Jun 2014, 21:22
If that happend I would stab someone in pure anger!

What a shame. Better bring 3 boxes of tissues to the cinema. But is it true that toothless kills...him (you know who I'm talking about)
Yes, that is also true.

Night fury fire

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Can somebody who has seen this scene either post or message me about how graphic/intense it is (even better if you are a parent). I have a 4 y/o who loves, loves, loves HTTYD. Has been watching the released HTTYD2 clips like crazy. But I am worried about his ability to understand and not be extremely upset by this scene as several reviews have said it might be too much for the youngest viewers.

And if you think it might be best to slip him out of the theater for a few minutes during that scene until he gets a bit older, is there anything we can look for to let us know it would be time for a "bathroom break" or "concession run"

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

athena2235
06 Jun 2014, 16:35
Can somebody who has seen this scene either post or message me about how graphic/intense it is (even better if you are a parent). I have a 4 y/o who loves, loves, loves HTTYD. Has been watching the released HTTYD2 clips like crazy. But I am worried about his ability to understand and not be extremely upset by this scene as several reviews have said it might be too much for the youngest viewers.

And if you think it might be best to slip him out of the theater for a few minutes during that scene until he gets a bit older, is there anything we can look for to let us know it would be time for a "bathroom break" or "concession run"
I heard that it isn't very graphic actually. So most likely no worries really for your four year old.

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

athena2235
06 Jun 2014, 16:35

If you're wondering about how violent it is, then you don't have much to worry about. It's not that violent and obviously there's no blood because the movie's rated PG. It's sad because you love these characters and their reactions to what happens are really sad, but I think kids should be able to handle it. If you want, I can PM you and describe the entire scene so you can decide for yourself (I would have to spoil some stuff though if I do that, be warned).
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-