Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
No Respect for DreamWorks...
Topic Started: 06 Jun 2014, 18:43 (6246 Views)
Eret
....Son of Eret

IcelandicEel
06 Jun 2014, 22:06
I've never been to an advance screening, but from what I've heard, they have pretty strict anti-piracy rules, like searching you before you enter or taking away camera phones. So I'm surprised anyone was able to record anything. Although it's possible that it's less strict outside the US.
I've been to many, and those precautions are only taken some of the time, and when they are, they're usually pretty weakly enforced. I've only been to two screenings where it was taken very seriously and everyone was wanded before being able to enter the theater, and those were for screenings that occurred at least a month before the movie's actual release date. Most of the time, they simply tell you you're not allowed to bring a phone or recording device in to the theater, and if you have one on you, to either put it in your car or give it to the people sitting at a table outside the theater for you to pick up again when you leave. The thing is, they don't take any measures to make sure you actually don't have anything on you when you go in. The most they do at a lot of screenings is just ask you if you have a cellphone, and if you just say no they'll let you in, no questions asked. Also, typically the closer a screening is to the movie's release date, the more lax they are about checking people. So I imagine it wouldn't be difficult at all for someone to bring in a recording device in to any of the many screenings that have been happening recently.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

I can't believe people are actually trying to pirate the film. That's terrible!
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Lastandir
Gronckle

Is there any way to report Instagram accounts?
Spoiler: click to toggle

CatsMeow
Gronckle

Where I live; they aren't really strict. (I live in the US), or at least at my one theater they aren't. We don't get checked for cell phones or anything that can record that movie. We don't even have guards in the theater, like those theater people who kick people out or whatever for disturbing the others viewings of that movie. I've seen a person go to the man lobby and complain about these three teenagers throwing popcorn at the bottom lane, though. ;-;

I've also seen someone record on their phone and reported them. xP Person got in trouble...I just wish that people wouldn't pirate! It's soooo annoying!
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

That's the reason why I made this Tumblr post a few week ago:

http://zer0x1.tumblr.com/post/870324617 ... te-dragons

But it seems like not everyone in the fandom agreed with this opinion.
IcelandicEel
06 Jun 2014, 22:06
I've never been to an advance screening, but from what I've heard, they have pretty strict anti-piracy rules, like searching you before you enter or taking away camera phones. So I'm surprised anyone was able to record anything. Although it's possible that it's less strict outside the US.
Such TS/CAM rips come mostly from eastern countries like russia, the cinemas don't care much about anti-piracy and hiding a camera isn't realy hard, it could be in a pen or with google glasses, no one would notice that in a dark cinema, the same with microphones.
In some countries they don't even have the digital protection in which the projector emits energy fashes in spectrum the human eye do not notice, but it would blind the camera. Maybe that's just a myth, but I've learned that nearly all cinemas have this protection.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

IcelandicEel
Administrator

That's actually quite brilliant. I didn't know they did that. You just need to blast the screen with IR light and it will completely prevent the camera from recording anything watchable.
Did someone say... dragons?

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

That person most likely isn't really even a fan ZerOx.

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

IcelandicEel
06 Jun 2014, 23:42
That's actually quite brilliant. I didn't know they did that. You just need to blast the screen with IR light and it will completely prevent the camera from recording anything watchable.
Eh, wish it was compulsory, everywhere.

I used to go to advanced screenings for journalists and it happened several times that they took the phones before the screening and gave them back afterwards.

Well, I bought my tickets for Dragons in advance - a thing I haven't done in the past 15 years - and I'm planning on watching it for a second time (unless it's total crap - but we all know it won't be).
We also have a huge pile of dragon books and some other dragon merchandise, so I do everything to express my gratitude for making the movies and the series :-)
https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

HaddocksOrTails
07 Jun 2014, 00:44
IcelandicEel

I used to go to advanced screenings for journalists and it happened several times that they took the phones before the screening and gave them back afterwards.

Well, I bought my tickets for Dragons in advance - a thing I haven't done in the past 15 years - and I'm planning on watching it for a second time (unless it's total crap - but we all know it won't be).
We also have a huge pile of dragon books and some other dragon merchandise, so I do everything to express my gratitude for making the movies and the series :-)
This is the first movie I ever bought pre-screening tickets for. It's worth it.

HaddocksOrTails
Member Avatar
Gronckle

HideousZippleback
07 Jun 2014, 00:46
HaddocksOrTails
07 Jun 2014, 00:44
IcelandicEel

This is the first movie I ever bought pre-screening tickets for. It's worth it.
Yeah, me and the kiddo went crazy when we found out about the UK pre-screenings, I bought the tickets literally 2 minutes later :-)

https://www.fanfiction.net/~haddocksortails