Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
No Respect for DreamWorks...
Topic Started: 06 Jun 2014, 11:50 (6209 Views)
CatsMeow
Gronckle

Lastandir
06 Jun 2014, 15:38
Actually only last 2 or 3 minutes were leaked on youtube and some random pics. Thankfully there is no confirmed information about uploaded the whole movie.
No, the whole entire movie was uploaded to Facebook. I don't watch any of the Dragons stuff on Facebook unless DreamWorks released it for us fans to watch. This movie was illegally posted along with pictures and posts on what happens by this person *listed in the second edit of my post*
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

KentuckyWildcat
06 Jun 2014, 15:49
Sadly, pirating movies seems to be the new normal. Somebody does it for virtually every movie that sees a major release, so HTTYD 2 won't be immune to that. I wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't do anything to support the pirates though.
I agree... :unsure:

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Toothless123
06 Jun 2014, 15:50
KentuckyWildcat
06 Jun 2014, 15:49
Sadly, pirating movies seems to be the new normal. Somebody does it for virtually every movie that sees a major release, so HTTYD 2 won't be immune to that. I wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't do anything to support the pirates though.
I agree... :unsure:
I'll never understand this really...

Lastandir
Gronckle

CatsMeow
06 Jun 2014, 15:50
Lastandir
06 Jun 2014, 15:38
Actually only last 2 or 3 minutes were leaked on youtube and some random pics. Thankfully there is no confirmed information about uploaded the whole movie.
No, the whole entire movie was uploaded to Facebook. I don't watch any of the Dragons stuff on Facebook unless DreamWorks released it for us fans to watch. This movie was illegally posted along with pictures and posts on what happens by this person *listed in the second edit of my post*
Only on Facebook? So it was blessing in disguise, probably no one could copy the leaked movie. I hope so...

Astrid
Gronckle

I do understand the problem with all of this but that being said I do have a problem with the Special/Advanced early screenings, honestly there is too much of them and right now many are so curious to see the movie that avoiding piracy is difficult. Also there is the problem of different release dates all over the world, and the fact it was showed at cannes and many others film festivals.
One thing it's to play with people's curiosity another to play with their patience.

IcelandicEel
Administrator

I've never been to an advance screening, but from what I've heard, they have pretty strict anti-piracy rules, like searching you before you enter or taking away camera phones. So I'm surprised anyone was able to record anything. Although it's possible that it's less strict outside the US.
Did someone say... dragons?

Astrid
Gronckle

IcelandicEel
06 Jun 2014, 22:06
I've never been to an advance screening, but from what I've heard, they have pretty strict anti-piracy rules, like searching you before you enter or taking away camera phones. So I'm surprised anyone was able to record anything. Although it's possible that it's less strict outside the US.
I've heard this too and apparently the source was outside the US, even so I do still think there is too much risk to wait so much after the "world premier" at cannes

Lastandir
Gronckle

https://www.facebook.com/HowToTrainYour ... 9152025958
The film is already after premiere in the Middle East, these leaked materials are not from US.

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

I actually tried searching up to see if the film was pirated. (I wasn't trying to watch it online, I swear, I already have my IMAX tickets booked!) and Dreamworks is doing a fine job blocking all the genuine 'leaks'.

(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Lastandir
Gronckle

CityCreek
06 Jun 2014, 22:17
I actually tried searching up to see if the film was pirated. (I wasn't trying to watch it online, I swear, I already have my IMAX tickets booked!) and Dreamworks is doing a fine job blocking all the genuine 'leaks'.

Don't worry, you don't need to swear :P HTTYD2 was "availble" on some sites even 5 or 6 months ago, of course - i do not recommend trying to watch or download... :P