Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
No Respect for DreamWorks...
Topic Started: 06 Jun 2014, 11:12 (6155 Views)
CatsMeow
Gronckle

So, I recently woke up to get some breakfast with my friends. When I came back home, I got online and immediately went to this website to chat with some Dragon fans and whatnot. There are only 7 more days until the US releases How to Train Your Dragon 2 and the wait will be worth it when I'm in that theater watching the full movie in good graphics and a large screen with a bag of yummy popcorn...

I was looking at the comments on one topic on the home page and apparently, someone recorded the whole entire movie and uploaded it to some website (Facebook or YouTube I think). That's just clearly showing you have no respect in many way! That's pirating (I think you call it that, right?) and illegal. Anyone who sees this movie link, please do a favor and report the suspect, flag the video, dislike it, whatever.

If you are that desperate to see the movie you should know that seeing it in theaters will be better AND worth the long wait, than on a computer screen w/ crappy graphics...

So far on facebook I've followed random HTTYD pages and one called "Fearless Hiccup Haddock" or something posted I think two pictures from the movie and told his/her fans it was online...I was too scared to go down further and investigate the page for fear of spoilers and pictures this person gained.

All I gotta say is that people have gone crazy and I hope whoever did this can be caught and will be fined.

EDIT: Someone gave me the suspects name. I'm definitely reporting them online to facebook and DW. Does anyone know where I can report this to on DW?

EDIT 1: The person is on Facebook. Please report this person and send a message for her to delete the content so no poor fans stumble upon her and see spoilers.
Search for Roro Haddock Hofferson, PLEASE REPORT!
"Go you must. No guest shall stay in one place for ever. Love will be lost if you sit too long at a friend's fire."

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

Ugh, I hate pirating films, I just go on Netflix etc. It's a waste of money and it's just. SO ANNOYING ASFG
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah I know somebody posted the last few minutes yesterday and I accidentally saw a few stills of it. I mean all movies get pirated, thats whatever, but pirating it and then posting it all over without spoiler warnings before the movie even gets officially released is a whole other league of rude.

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I heard about this, it truly is saddening when people do it. DreamWorks really deserve every penny they can get with this film as they've put so so much effort in and produced something so wonderful. Do we not remember what happened with ROTG? It was pirated so much, DreamWorks were almost put out of business, which is definitely not what we want for them. If you're a decent fan, you will understand this and see it in the cinema. Not to mention that fact that it'll look 10000% better.

Ditto on the point where if you see it, report it or try and help to get it taken down. Support DreamWorks and HTTYD (:

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

Perhaps go onto the dreamworks website, there's probably a 'contact us' button somewhere around the button. Or just straight out report them on facebook.

The first method is better.
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Meh, unless something really odd is going on, the uploaded movie probably has really bad video quality. Anyone who watches this instead of seeing it in some proper, legal form (either in theatres or when it comes out on DVD, as opposed to just watching the lousy upload in addition to any of these methods) was never going to pay to see the movie anyway. In other words, this isn't going to affect the movie's profits to a great degree. With that said, even if it did, it would hardly be catastrophic, as the movie's going to make a killing at the box office anyway.

Of course, there's a whole heap of moral problems with this person's actions, but that's another matter entirely.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Lastandir
Gronckle

Actually only last 2 or 3 minutes were leaked on youtube and some random pics. Thankfully there is no confirmed information about uploaded the whole movie.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

We really don't want this to be another Rise of the Guardians do we? So please people don't watch or even click those pirated videos!

Toothless123
Night Fury

This is why I'm going to see Dragons 2 in 3D, not on a computer screen, which doesn't support 3D.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

Sadly, pirating movies seems to be the new normal. Somebody does it for virtually every movie that sees a major release, so HTTYD 2 won't be immune to that. I wholeheartedly agree that we shouldn't do anything to support the pirates though.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.