Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Reviewers who dont know the first thing about movies
Topic Started: 15 Jun 2014, 11:48 (1852 Views)
Fawnduu
Gronckle

I was reading a slightly negative review of httyd 2 and the reviewer pretty much lost all credibility when they said "returning director Dean DeBlois (or Dreamworks or both) clearly paid attention to the success of Disney’s Frozen. Ice is utilized extensively in both the landscapes and the weaponry."

Yes, because preproduction didnt establish the use of ice years before frozen was even released. The original movie wasnt set in an arctic environment or anything?????!!?!?

Did this reviewer seriously think frozen had any sort of influence on the film when it was in the works well before frozen was released??

the ignorance kills me

heres the review
http://www.toledoblade.com/Peach-Weeken ... equel.html
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

it never fails to amaze me how clueless people are about how animated movies work.

They totally rewrote and reanimated the entire movie since frozen came out 7 months ago. yeah that makes sense. can people stop acting like frozen revolutionized the animation industry now? jfc.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

Wow… just wow ^o)
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Eret
15 Jun 2014, 15:57
it never fails to amaze me how clueless people are about how animated movies work.

They totally rewrote and reanimated the entire movie since frozen came out 7 months ago. yeah that makes sense. can people stop acting like frozen revolutionized the animation industry now? jfc.
And the fact that this critic was "highly renowned" is utter bullshit. If you are going to review movies at least know how long production takes and understand what you are talking about.

My Art Page
My Animations

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

Fawnduu
15 Jun 2014, 17:28
Eret
15 Jun 2014, 15:57

And the fact that this critic was "highly renowned" is utter bullshit. If you are going to review movies at least know how long production takes and understand what you are talking about.
Just because they're "highly renowned" doesn't mean they can't be morons. XD And yeah, he has no clue what he's talking about.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

There's a debate over wether frozen will bet httyd 2. In my opinion httyd 2 made frozen look like the crappiest movie ever
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

I love Frozen, but I don't see the point in comparing it to Dragons since they're both totally different stories. It was a good movie, but it was a revolutionary film for Disney, not for the rest of the world.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Fawnduu
Gronckle

Night fury fire
15 Jun 2014, 20:30
There's a debate over wether frozen will bet httyd 2. In my opinion httyd 2 made frozen look like the crappiest movie ever
I wouldnt say it made frozen look crappy?? They were both excellent movies with really high quality animation and honestly frozen did snow simulation better (the little hiccup with the tail swishing" but still both great movies in their own right

I like httyd 2 better but im also biased because ive been in love with the first one since it came out and there for i am more forgiving of the sequel

My Art Page
My Animations

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Guys the thing with movies (the wonderful thing) is that there's something for everyone. It's like a buffet. I mean my favorite films of all time are the first two Godfather films. These are widely believed to be two of the greatest masterpieces ever put into film (I mean, the first Godfather has a 100 score on Metacritic...100) but I'd be shocked if even 5% of you agreed with my preference. And that's perfectly OK.

So before you guys go tearing into Frozen just remember, people are capable of liking different things. Just my $0.02...
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

if you want to blame someone about ice, seriously ice, you should be talking to disney for example Rise of the Guardians came out a year earlier than Frozen and their main character, Jack Frost, had ice powers. But seriously it is times I look at these kinds of reviews that the ultimate statement must be said," the search for intelligent life on Earth continues." Plus Elsa in Frozen lacked character development.