Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Favourite Quote
Topic Started: 07 Jun 2014, 17:08 (5610 Views)
WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

Favourite Quote?
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I haven't seen HTTYD 2 yet, but so far I like, "You have the heart of a chief, and a soul of a dragon.".
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HowToTrainYourFeels
Dragon Egg

My signature and also "It's not his fault Hiccup you know that."
Spoiler: click to toggle
\

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

AuroraBorealis
07 Jun 2014, 21:34
"You have the heart of a chief, and a soul of a dragon.".
Having seen the movie, this is still one of the best quotes from it.

Also, this one is fantastic too (that has already been mentioned): "It's me bud. I'm right here. You're my best friend, Toothless."
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I'm gonna post too! Yay!

Wait...I can't remember any! DX

But I slightly remember this one (it's probably wrong)

'I was so afraid of becoming my father because I thought I couldn't become some one so selfless, brave, (etc), (etc)..... I've got to at least try...'

Or something like that.

And:

'Oh come here you.'

(DA FEELS)
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

AuroraBorealis
I haven't seen HTTYD 2 yet, but so far I like, "You have the heart of a chief, and a soul of a dragon.".
Honestly, I hated that quote, because it's one of those lines that's clearly trying to be deep and meaningful, but doesn't actually mean anything when you stop to think about it. But that's a rant for another time.

As for my favourite quote, I'm probably going to have to go with Eclipse-Wolven's quote (as cheesy and nonsensical as that scene was, the dialogue was at least good and fitting).

Though honestly, I didn't find this film to be all that quotable. The dialogue was certainly good (well, not in all parts, of course, but enough), even great in parts, but it just wasn't memorable. Perhaps a second viewing will help with that, but honestly, I'm really considering whether I want to see it again at the cinema, but that's another matter).
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

If I could be permitted to cheat, I'd "quote" Stoick and Valka's courting ditty. It's neither overly saccharine nor unreasonably polished; it felt plausible.

Beyond that, no lines in particular stood out to me.

HTTYD Astrid
Dragon Egg

AuroraBorealis
"You have the heart of a chief, and a soul of a dragon.".
And 'I will never let anything happen to you'

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

Cartoon Freak
08 Jun 2014, 11:19
Though honestly, I didn't find this film to be all that quotable. The dialogue was certainly good (well, not in all parts, of course, but enough), even great in parts, but it just wasn't memorable. Perhaps a second viewing will help with that, but honestly, I'm really considering whether I want to see it again at the cinema, but that's another matter).
Yeah, I definitely need to see it again. I actually was not a fan of the 3D of this film (granted, I didn't see it in IMAX 3D, but whatever) and I think it distracted me in a few parts. I think a second viewing should solidify what I feel about the movie's quality...and get me a few more quotes.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I haven't seen it yet (duh) but I do like the "Did I tell you that yoou look amazing today? 'Cause you do."

Or something like that.