Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rating?
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 18:03 (5895 Views)
Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

8/10.

I think that could've fleshed out some characters and the music was out of place during some scenes. And Toothless glowing, then destroying the ice, no just no. I'm sorry, but as good as the movie was, I wanted to facepalm through the first battle scene and challenging scene. I'll admit that Stoick and Valka's ice chamber and dance scenes sparked the romantic side of me and Stoick's funeral boat lighting scene brought tears to my eye.

Overall, it was great, but needed some fleshing out of characters and Tootless challenging the alpha made me want to facepalm.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

MC_Oceans
13 Jun 2014, 22:03
8/10.

I think that could've fleshed out some characters and the music was out of place during some scenes. And Toothless glowing, then destroying the ice, no just no. I'm sorry, but as good as the movie was, I wanted to facepalm through the first battle scene and challenging scene. I'll admit that Stoick and Valka's ice chamber and dance scenes sparked the romantic side of me and Stoick's funeral boat lighting scene brought tears to my eye.

Overall, it was great, but needed some fleshing out of characters and Tootless challenging the alpha made me want to facepalm.
why?
I thought it was an amazing battle between the two. The Alpha ticked Toothless off in my oppinion. Toothless decided that his regin had to come to an end. And the only way to do that was by challenging him
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah, what was bad about toothless challenging the alpha? I thought it was pretty awesome. I know the glowing blue thing was a pretty random skill to develop but somehow it felt right.

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Eret
13 Jun 2014, 22:11
Yeah, what was bad about toothless challenging the alpha? I thought it was pretty awesome. I know the glowing blue thing was a pretty random skill to develop but somehow it felt right.
That is what was wrong. He just randomly started glowing. I think a blast out of the ice without the glowing would've done fine for me.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Eret
....Son of Eret

Idk. I liked it.

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

I thought the key phrase was "The alpha protects his own." The Bewilderbeast is no longer doing that (since he is manipulated by Drago). Therefore, if, by converse, the one who protects his own is the alpha, then Toothless's challenge makes sense.
Σ (a sigma-ture)

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Eret
This^^
MC_Oceans
13 Jun 2014, 22:14
Eret
That is what was wrong. He just randomly started glowing. I think a blast out of the ice without the glowing would've done fine for me.
this makes me wonder, what if the ice had to do with him glowing? I've been wondering this since seeing it last night. My mom said maybe it was a hidden ability he had since he is a night fury.
Or maybe it's still from him eating the glowing algie. He can just use it when he's really ticked off. Like he did here.
TheCube42
13 Jun 2014, 22:16
I thought the key phrase was "The alpha protects his own." The Bewilderbeast is no longer doing that (since he is manipulated by Drago). Therefore, if, by converse, the one who protects his own is the alpha, then Toothless's challenge makes sense.
This too^^
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I'd give it about 8.5/10. I explained it in a lot more detail in the review thread, but the short version is that I have a much bigger problem with the whole confusing, and seemingly ever-changing concept of the alpha dragon than I did with Toothless conveniently busting out a new ability.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

MC_Oceans
13 Jun 2014, 22:03
8/10.

Thank you! I'm not the only one who thinks the music didn't fit in a lot of scenes.

BiggestToothlessFanEVER
Terrible Terror

I would give it 10/10.

I loved this movie just barely better than the 1st one.