Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Rating?
Topic Started: 10 Jun 2014, 07:47 (5987 Views)
Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

puxlit
10 Jun 2014, 11:40
For what it's worth, I feel both sides are at fault. Yes, we should be mindful not to come off as brash or condescending when issuing rebukes. However, we should also be careful not to instinctively silence unpopular opinions. Perhaps we ought to leave enforcement of forum-wide rules to the moderators, and enforcement of topic coherence to the original poster.
A fair point.

Night Fury Fire, I apologise for phrasing my points in an overly harsh manner. I shall aim to have more tact in the future.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Eret
....Son of Eret

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
10 Jun 2014, 00:30
Psh. NONE of what you said is an excuse for your rudeness. If you don't like what you see, don't waste your time bullying people and making enemies.

JFC Bless you.

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

1000000000000000000+ there is not enough 0's in the world to measure how great this movie is!

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Just saw it and it's an honest 9.5/10 while I didn't like the eret part the rest of the movie compensates it's a pg movie after all that has to be taken into account when judging the ending

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I'm giving it a 9.5/10 (possibly higher, I really need to see it again to judge it since I kept thinking I was dreaming or imagining everything i'm an idiot i know), because I had a tiny issue with the pacing (at times I felt it sort of flew by and didn't really give me a chance to think about what had happened). But everything about it was breathtaking- every scene, every movement a character made, every flap of a dragon's wings was simply beautiful.

This about sums it up for me:
It made me laugh.
It made me cry.
It made me want to go right back into the theater to watch it all over again.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

Eret
....Son of Eret

The first time I watched it, I'd give it a 7 or an 8 out of ten, but I just got back from seeing it again, and I'm definitely going to have to change it to a 9/10. This is DEFINITELY a movie that needs to be seen more than once, theres so much to take in that I was just distracted by my awe over everything the first time that I missed so much important/amazing stuff. But it was even more emotional and beautiful the second time around. I love it.

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

8/10

It was great but I felt like they tried to cram WAY too much into the movie. I understand that you want to make it short, but seriously that movie could have tacked on another forty five minutes and not lagged in the slightest.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

My mom and i saw it tonight at an advanced show
We loved it!
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
13 Jun 2014, 04:03
8/10
I understand that you want to make it short, but seriously that movie could have tacked on another forty five minutes and not lagged in the slightest.
I have a suspicion that that one is studio interference. I'm not positive, but most animated movie aren't super long and Dreamworks probably told DeBlois to keep it under a certain length. I think it would've benefited from being longer (despite how great it was), but studios don't always see it that way.
Eret
13 Jun 2014, 03:16
The first time I watched it, I'd give it a 7 or an 8 out of ten, but I just got back from seeing it again, and I'm definitely going to have to change it to a 9/10. This is DEFINITELY a movie that needs to be seen more than once, theres so much to take in that I was just distracted by my awe over everything the first time that I missed so much important/amazing stuff. But it was even more emotional and beautiful the second time around. I love it.
That's fantastic to hear, cause I'm seeing it again hopefully later today (in 2D this time, not 3D). Hopefully my rating increases as well!
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

micromys
Cathartes Aura

Yep, the "needs a rewatch" is definitely true, I think. Everyone in my group immediately said "We have to watch it again" as soon as it was over, and talked about how so much was going on in every scene you really can't catch it all in one viewing!