Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Quick Quick Quick!
Topic Started: 21 Jun 2014, 02:33 (1453 Views)
DarthBacon
Gronckle

https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... on-3#share

I just saw this, and i dunno if you all know about this or not, but i think this is quite necessary. I think that if they are separated forever in HTTYD 3, i just cant watch the first two movies again in the same way. The first one is probably the best movie in this world according to me, and i want to keep watching and enjoy every second of it forever.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Astrid
Gronckle

I'm going to reply to this by quoting what jack said
Quote:

No. Stop. Seriously. First, petitons are meant for real life things. Change.org is made so that people can make a real difference, not pressure writers to do what they want. Petitions like this abuse the system that we were given to try and speak out. As important as HTTYD is to us, this is NOT the place to voice our concerns.

Second, Dean wont care, the rest of the people working on the movie wont care. And this is just pressuring them as writers and artists to get the ending YOU want. I want the ending the writers intented. and i respect that.

Third, youre going to have to get used to it. Stories are not always there to cater to what we want. Those people have PROVEN that they know what they are doing. Trust them. They would never do that without a reason. By making this you are essentially saying that you dont trust and accept the decisions of people who BROUGHT you this work of art to begin with. Its disrespectful and a bit entitled.

You dont petition an artist to change a detail on a painting you dont like. Its their painting, whether you like it or not. Youre gonna have to accept that, im sorry. Its a part of art, and its a part of life.
I personnally find this petition disturbing, childish and selfish

DarthBacon
Gronckle

I agree that its not the proper place to voice our opinions, and i get what you are saying. It does come off as a bit selfish, i agree, but at what cost? It has got nothing to do with not respecting Dean and the other people involved in the movie.

I was kind of okay with that ending until i saw HTTYD 2. But with all that Hiccup and Toothless have been through, its just isnt fair. Toothless cannot survive without Hiccup, and the same goes for Hiccup. I have grown to care for them more than just them being "TV characters", and though i am equally excited to see how Dean handles the ending, i would be more than happy if they keep them together at the end of the third one.

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

I actually see both sides of this..... A- Because I wouldn't want to see Hiccup and Toothless separated for HTTYD3... and B- I've personally been through a bad experience when someone got up in arms for me to change something about some fun random piece of art I made over a year ago.... (it hurt soo much for me- that it took all the way til I found Dragons for me to get fully past it....)

I honestly want to see what Dean comes up with for the third movie- and you know what.. fanfiction is where you have the freedom over using "alternate universe" to have something different happen then what is canon...
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

In the end, if you're going to be telling a huge story (like any trilogy will be) about a friendship, you really have to end it with the end of that friendship. The Toy Story trilogy is the obvious example. In addition, that trilogy proves that a bittersweet ending done well can be supremely effective.

Also, based on anecdotal evidence, it would appear that several elements of HTTYD 2 (particularly Valka) were better until they got focus grouped to death. I for one don't want to see that happen with the ending of the entire trilogy.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

As much as I hate this ending, it's not my choice
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

VeloYourSwaggyDragon
I am... swaggy

I'm laughing at the required number of signatures/supporters needed. Only 500? That ain't gonna do nothing to change anything!

I'm totally against this petition. But I'm not worried about it getting all the signatures either because it can't and won't change anything.

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

To be honest, I'd love yet hate that kind of ending. But that doesn't mean we have to force the writers to pull a Disney 'And they all lived happily ever after'.

I totally disagree with this petition, but I think the person on Tumblr apologized.
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I'm laughing at this whole thing. The book fans are just over here like we knew what we were getting into. Not everything ends on this amazing moment where everything works out. I like this ending as much as I'm gonna cry. Because some endings ARE bittersweet.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Why would you do that? Let the story unfold as is intended.