Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Surprise, surprise!
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 16:47 (7459 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

HideousZippleback
13 Jun 2014, 20:39
The part that surprised me was the fact that there was like literally NO blood on the Alpha's tusk after he killed Valka's Bewilderbeast...
^ this xD
I just turned to my dad and asked, "Didn't he just stab the other one? Where's the blood?"
The Bewilderbeast's death surprised me quite a bit (I was just like "damn it's all going downhill from here")
and Toothless becoming an Alpha :D
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Whitefang
13 Jun 2014, 20:47
HideousZippleback
The part that surprised me was the fact that there was like literally NO blood on the Alpha's tusk after he killed Valka's Bewilderbeast...
^ this xD
I just turned to my dad and asked, "Didn't he just stab the other one? Where's the blood?"
The Bewilderbeast's death surprised me quite a bit (I was just like "damn it's all going downhill from here")
and Toothless becoming an Alpha :D
My guess would be because they were scared of putting blood in an animated movie. I have no real idea though...

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

HideousZippleback
it is technically still aimed at kids. It's only rated PG. They wouldn't put blood in a animated PG movie they expect little kids under 10 to go see.

I wasn't really supprised by much. I mean I expected Stoick to die, and we all knew that Valka was abducted thanks to Dragonpedia, I was hoping Toothless would challange Drago's Alpha, I saw a pic of Toothless' glowing spines and Drago's bewilderbeast bowing down in defeat to him.

So yeah not that much suprised me,
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah I understand why they couldn't include blood on the alpha's tusks but it's still really unfortunate that they didn't. The rest of the film got away with being bloodless because they found other less gratuitous ways to communicate that people and dragons were fighting and being killed, however the clarity of what exactly happened to valka's alpha really suffered by having the other one pull out his tusks completely clean. Not to mention it was the only shot in the movie where the lack of blood became very obvious. If you didn't realize you were watching a movie geared towards kids before, you definitely do now.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Just sayin'

I find it very sad how everyone wants blood and gore in everything thing these days. -_-
If you want that then don't watch cartoons. Cartoons don't usually have blood in them. Even if things are killed. It's tramatuizing to kids.

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

The lack of blood didn't surprise me, as someone who grew up with video games like Ratchet & Clank.

What did surprise me, though, was the amount of visual gags in the movie. From Toothless and Stormfly playing with a WHOLE FRIGGIN' LOG, to Gobber throwing all of Valka's fish into his dragon (while Valka is not watching), to all the Ruffnut romance gags, etc. etc. etc. There were moments when my entire group bursted laughing.

Also, Jesus metaphor.
Σ (a sigma-ture)

Eret
....Son of Eret

ToothlessNightFury
13 Jun 2014, 22:10
Just sayin'

I find it very sad how everyone wants blood and gore in everything thing these days. -_-
If you want that then don't watch cartoons. Cartoons don't usually have blood in them. Even if things are killed. It's tramatuizing to kids.

I didn't say I wanted blood and gore. I said the lack of blood made the bewilderbeast's death confusing and unclear.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

TheCube42
13 Jun 2014, 22:14
The lack of blood didn't surprise me, as someone who grew up with video games like Ratchet & Clank.

What did surprise me, though, was the amount of visual gags in the movie. From Toothless and Stormfly playing with a WHOLE FRIGGIN' LOG, to Gobber throwing all of Valka's fish into his dragon (while Valka is not watching), to all the Ruffnut romance gags, etc. etc. etc. There were moments when my entire group bursted laughing.

Also, Jesus metaphor.
hahahaha I LOVED Toothless and Stormfly in the background :) esepcially them playing with the log. It was adorable. Guess they know they'll probably end up together anyways :)

Night Nadders hehe
Eret
13 Jun 2014, 22:30
ToothlessNightFury
13 Jun 2014, 22:10
Just sayin'

I didn't say I wanted blood and gore. I said the lack of blood made the bewilderbeast's death confusing and unclear.
this was aimed at everyone who's complaining about the lack of blood, not you exactly ( really sorry if it seemed that way!!) I've seen lots of reviews online not just here, with people complaining. It just upsets me. I do admit it did make it unclear, it took a moment for it to sink in that it had died for me,

Eret
....Son of Eret

Yeah, I don't think the entire movie needed blood at all, it was clear what was happening in the war even without it. But the bewilderbeast shot would have benefitted from a little bit of blood at least, even though I know they didn't really have a choice. Maybe they could have had him die a different way that didn't involve stabbing.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

I actually didn't expect the white alpha to die. This did actually suprise me, I was a little saddened by it.
But yeah maybe they could've had him fall off something?

I rememeber seeing this before the movie (with out the text)
and thinking that Drago's crushed the ice under Valkas, making him fall and get crushed in the process.