Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Bewilderbeasts
Topic Started: 10 Jun 2014, 22:17 (1386 Views)
landyy
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Were they not equal in strength? Even if the Enslaved one was stronger the movie didn't specify how or why. Maybe his past had something to do with it but they never gave a history on either of the Bewilderbeasts. Could someone explain this if they know the reason?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

I presume they were going for the "proactive evil trumps reactive good" trope, where those on the offence fight more ruthlessly (and by extension effectively) than those on the defence. Unfortunately, this beat feels more like a case of diabolus ex machina; we need things to significantly deteriorate for the protagonist, otherwise we're left without a finale. With that goal in mind, what better way is there to set Hiccup et al. back than to kill off both good alphas and have Drago take control of their dragons?

Eret
....Son of Eret

Are you asking like literally how did he die? If I remember correctly Drago's bewilderbeast stabbed him in the guts with his tusks.

But if you're just asking generally how did he lose if its supposedly a fair fight, well... just because they couldn't keep fighting forever?? Eventually one of them was bound to make a fatal misstep, and Valka's bewilderbeast unfortunately was the first.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Honestly, I think it was a fairly even fight in principle, and Drago knew that he had no guarantee that his Bewilderbeast would win. It was just a risk he was prepared to take, both because he would eventually have to anyway, and because the potential rewards were so great.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

athena2235
Member Avatar
Gronckle

It is also conceivable to me that Drago's alpha had more experience "fighting" that Valka's. If Drago has been dragging him all over, he has probably seen a tussle or two before, even if not against another Alpha. Valka's Alpha seems pretty peaceful, and presumably not getting in many fights. experience can be a pretty significant advantage.

Dragon Girl
Gronckle

Valka's made a wrong move and left his throat exposed.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The Bewilderbeast reared up if I remember and that's when Drago's took it's shot and shoved it down then stabbed it in the guts. Though there was no blood..

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

It seemed to me that when Valka attempted to come between them she distracted her Bewilderbeast just long enough for Drago's to gain the upper hand.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I wonder if Valka feels guilty... If she even realized it's partly her fault.