Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Least Favourite Thing
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 01:01 (20674 Views)
ToothlessTheUseless
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

My least favorite thing was that I felt the movie was too short. They could've easily made it about 10-15 minutes longer so they could really flesh things out a bit more, like others have said, the beginning of the final battle felt a little rushed. Drago's backstory could've been explored a little bit more too, but hopefully we'll get more of that later on in the next film. Overall, though, I thought it was great. ^_^
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

ToothlessTheUseless
13 Jun 2014, 05:01
My least favorite thing was that I felt the movie was too short. They could've easily made it about 10-15 minutes longer so they could really flesh things out a bit more [...]
Unfortunately, animation is expensive, so few films dare venture beyond about 100 minutes.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Pacing...

soaringhawk74
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

Yeah I agree with everyone else here, even going into the movie basically knowing everything that would happen, the switch between family reunion and battle was waay to quick.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

Eret
13 Jun 2014, 04:31
Hiccup doesn't steer toothless with his metal leg, thats only for changing the flight "mode", like if its locked in to gliding position or if its free to be moved around. He steers and flies toothless with his real foot. Yes it has switched sides since the first movie, but if you watch which foot he uses while he is on Toothless's back, not getting ready to jump off of him, you will notice this is true. It makes more sense this way because to rotate your foot around so much requires calf muscles, and he has no calf muscles on the left side. Conceivably as long as toothless's tail is put in to the right gear, anyone could fly toothless.
Looking more closely at the teaser trailer (the best source I have to hand for the new flight harness), I think you're right on the basic point. To all others, check 0:22 of the teaser trailer, and you'll see what he's getting at.

I'm not sure if it will actually explain how Drago flew Toothless. That requires a lot of specific information, and I would really rather have the Blu-Ray, or at least a YouTube video of those scenes (actually, I can think of at least one other scene I'd like to look at more closely as well, but the same point stands), to hand before I make a claim one way or the other.

For the moment, however, I withdraw my objection to this part of the plot.
Quote:

Yeah I agree with everyone else here, even going into the movie basically knowing everything that would happen, the switch between family reunion and battle was waay to quick.
I'm starting to think I may be a little too forgiving on this point, on account of my reaction to that transition being, "Oh, thank God, it's the plot!"
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Eret
Hiccup doesn't steer toothless with his metal leg, thats only for changing the flight "mode", like if its locked in to gliding position or if its free to be moved around. He steers and flies toothless with his real foot. Yes it has switched sides since the first movie, but if you watch which foot he uses while he is on Toothless's back, not getting ready to jump off of him, you will notice this is true. It makes more sense this way because to rotate your foot around so much requires calf muscles, and he has no calf muscles on the left side. Conceivably as long as toothless's tail is put in to the right gear, anyone could fly toothless.
I know he usese it to change flight mode, but i actually do remember him in the first movie using his metal leg to change tail positions. In the tv series he did too.

Hense why he made a new foot thing when he was teaching Stoick to ride. And why Gobber made a new one for the metal leg.

He does use his metal leg to change the position of the tail.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Eret
....Son of Eret

ToothlessNightFury
13 Jun 2014, 19:02
Eret
I know he usese it to change flight mode, but i actually do remember him in the first movie using his metal leg to change tail positions. In the tv series he did too.

Hense why he made a new foot thing when he was teaching Stoick to ride. And why Gobber made a new one for the metal leg.

He does use his metal leg to change the position of the tail.

which is why I said it has changed since the first movie.

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

I don't like to point out the bad things, but I thought the movie was a bit too fast. They dived into the story quickly. Besides that, not much! Everything doesn't have to make sense.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

AuroraBorealis
13 Jun 2014, 20:38
I don't like to point out the bad things, but I thought the movie was a bit too fast. They dived into the story quickly. Besides that, not much! Everything doesn't have to make sense.
I do agree it did seem to go fast. I didn't want it to end.
my mom said though A good movie will always feel too fast and too short. Because you like it so much, and you're so into it that you just don't even realise how fast time really went.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Not REALLY a complaint, because it's been an established part of his character for a while, but Hiccup being a stickler for negotiating with a man who had once committed mass murder kind of seemed a bit out there.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...