Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Least Favourite Thing
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 20:17 (20664 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Hiccup seems like an idiot sometimes by the amount of trust he puts into complete lunatics.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I loved Valka, actually, a lot more than I expected to, but the thing is, she seems to have no flaws, no faults. Also, I don't really like that it was "in Hiccup's blood" that he was able to see a different side of the dragons. In the first movie, it made it feel more like he was going way against the whole lifestyle because of something that was special about him, but no, apparently that would have come along sooner or later anyways.

Also, and I hate hate hate to admit this, but it seems like this movie is ripping off everything! I say this kind of jokingly, but look! The father death, the son rising up as the leader, the face-scarred villain, and the shaman, soothsayer type person drawing a symbol on the son's forehead from Lion King, the woman who takes care of dragons and Kit freaking Harrington from Game of Thrones, Quidditch from Harry Potter, probably more stuff that I missed. And I welome people to fight me on this, please, I don't want to believe my favorite movie in the world is a rip off! Someone please convince me otherwise!

I still love the movie, though.
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

puxlit
Member Avatar
Better in Silhouette Form

RealHousewifeofBerk
14 Jun 2014, 00:23
I loved Valka, actually, a lot more than I expected to, but the thing is, she seems to have no flaws, no faults.
She seemed conveniently deluded prior to her kidnapping. What made her think that there was a peaceful solution to the conflict between vikings and dragons? The flashback would suggest she had no proof that dragons could be tame until that night when she met Cloudjumper.

Hiccup bought into the indoctrination until he stumbled upon evidence that challenged those ingrained assumptions. Where's that transformative step for Valka?
RealHousewifeofBerk
Also, I don't really like that it was "in Hiccup's blood" that he was able to see a different side of the dragons. In the first movie, it made it feel more like he was going way against the whole lifestyle because of something that was special about him, but no, apparently that would have come along sooner or later anyways.
This. Hiccup earned his stripes through his trials in the first film. To suggest that it was "in his blood" is historical revisionism; it cheapens his accomplishments.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

I hated how easily Stoick and Hiccup forgave Valka.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

RealHousewifeofBerk
I loved Valka, actually, a lot more than I expected to, but the thing is, she seems to have no flaws, no faults. Also, I don't really like that it was "in Hiccup's blood" that he was able to see a different side of the dragons. In the first movie, it made it feel more like he was going way against the whole lifestyle because of something that was special about him, but no, apparently that would have come along sooner or later anyways.

Also, and I hate hate hate to admit this, but it seems like this movie is ripping off everything! I say this kind of jokingly, but look! The father death, the son rising up as the leader, the face-scarred villain, and the shaman, soothsayer type person drawing a symbol on the son's forehead from Lion King, the woman who takes care of dragons and Kit freaking Harrington from Game of Thrones, Quidditch from Harry Potter, probably more stuff that I missed. And I welome people to fight me on this, please, I don't want to believe my favorite movie in the world is a rip off! Someone please convince me otherwise!

I still love the movie, though.
I loved the lion king feel to it. I wanted it so badly because i felt it would suit hiccup a lot. I honestly was happy to learn my theory about it was right.
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 01:11
honestly if I were in the same position as Hiccup, thinking one parent died only to learn they're still alive would forgive my mom or dad too. No matter how long they were gone.
and I know they love each other enough that they would forgive each other too.

Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

The one thing that I was a little disappointed by was that the other kids didn't have a enough scenes. However, I understand why, the story was just too big.

Plus, I was hoping to see who Ruff would end up with, but maybe they'll explain in the third film.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Eret
....Son of Eret

HideousZippleback
I actually liked how they reacted to her, what I didn't like was her reason for leaving and never coming back. Didn't make much sense. Why would cloudjumper kidnap her? just because? Why would she never come back for her son at least instead of letting him grow up in a society she thought was bad? What reason did she have for thinking dragons were good before she even met cloudjumper? I don't understand.

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Eret
14 Jun 2014, 20:15
HideousZippleback
I actually liked how they reacted to her, what I didn't like was her reason for leaving and never coming back. Didn't make much sense. Why would cloudjumper kidnap her? just because? Why would she never come back for her son at least instead of letting him grow up in a society she thought was bad? What reason did she have for thinking dragons were good before she even met cloudjumper? I don't understand.
She felt she couldn't raise him properly in the society they lived in because she couldn't kill dragons. She probably felt like her anti-killing dragons thing would only get Hiccup killed. Why she didn't come back, I'm not exactly sure, I'll have to watch it again.

I thought it was weird that Cloudjumper was there actually. He's obviously not part of the dragon nest from the first film, so why was he there?
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

Eret
....Son of Eret

But I mean why, after she's got this whole established dragon sanctuary and everything is beautiful, why wouldn't she come take hiccup there with her? She let him grow up in a dragon killing society, and for all she knew she let him become a dragon killer himself. I mean I guess maybe it took a long time, as in several years, for her to actually establish the sanctuary so maybe she thought it was too late. This isn't a huge deal because there could be a lot of psychological factors to explain it, but I just wish that her disappearance was better explained so that stuff like this isn't even a question.

KentuckyWildcat
Raw Vikingness

I wasn't as bothered by the family reunion aspect as I thought I would be going in. There was just enough awkwardness between everyone for me to find in believable that Hiccup and Stoick were still in the state of just being happy that Valka was alive after assuming she was dead for so long. The tough questions could have come later, but Stoick died before that could happen.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.