Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Least Favourite Thing
Topic Started: 14 Jun 2014, 17:04 (20658 Views)
MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Eret
14 Jun 2014, 20:41
But I mean why, after she's got this whole established dragon sanctuary and everything is beautiful, why wouldn't she come take hiccup there with her? She let him grow up in a dragon killing society, and for all she knew she let him become a dragon killer himself. I mean I guess maybe it took a long time, as in several years, for her to actually establish the sanctuary so maybe she thought it was too late. This isn't a huge deal because there could be a lot of psychological factors to explain it, but I just wish that her disappearance was better explained so that stuff like this isn't even a question.
I don't know, this is something that requires several viewings. Why people do the things they do are very hard to explain, sometimes there's explanation.

When she said she was sorry to Hiccup, I had the feeling that she truly did feel bad, almost like she was thinking "Why didn't I come back?"

Hopefully, they'll be able to put the past aside and look towards the future as they rebuild their relationship.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Eret
14 Jun 2014, 20:15
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 01:11
I hated how easily Stoick and Hiccup forgave Valka.
I actually liked how they reacted to her, what I didn't like was her reason for leaving and never coming back. Didn't make much sense. Why would cloudjumper kidnap her? just because? Why would she never come back for her son at least instead of letting him grow up in a society she thought was bad? What reason did she have for thinking dragons were good before she even met cloudjumper? I don't understand.
she told hiccup she was extreamly sorry nd she didn't come beck because she wanted to keep him safe, from the risk of gettng hurt by a dragln again prpbably. She probably also thought he'd turn lut against dragons like Stoick.
and yeah she didn't want to raise him in a world where dragons and vikings didn't get along
MissunyNightFury
14 Jun 2014, 20:33
Eret
14 Jun 2014, 20:15
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 01:11
I hated how easily Stoick and Hiccup forgave Valka.
I actually liked how they reacted to her, what I didn't like was her reason for leaving and never coming back. Didn't make much sense. Why would cloudjumper kidnap her? just because? Why would she never come back for her son at least instead of letting him grow up in a society she thought was bad? What reason did she have for thinking dragons were good before she even met cloudjumper? I don't understand.
She felt she couldn't raise him properly in the society they lived in because she couldn't kill dragons. She probably felt like her anti-killing dragons thing would only get Hiccup killed. Why she didn't come back, I'm not exactly sure, I'll have to watch it again.

I thought it was weird that Cloudjumper was there actually. He's obviously not part of the dragon nest from the first film, so why was he there?
Cloudjumper gook her because be realised Valka was different. Thwt she could be trusted even as a human. Nkt sure he started to look at Hiccup first tough. Maybe he was curious as to what a human baby looked like?

and Valak said she didn't come back because she believed that Stoick and the rest of Berk could never change. Remembr she was suprised to learn Hiccup took after herself so she probably assumed he'd be like Stoick and be aginst dragons.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

How little time the gang was given...

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

HideousZippleback
15 Jun 2014, 06:55
That's what bugged me the most… in the first movie they didn't seem like much to me, but when the TV series came out I grew to love most of them. Basically it felt as if they were just an ensemble, then something bigger.. And now an ensemble again…
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

HideousZippleback

[/color]

Hope_and_Heir
15 Jun 2014, 07:13
HideousZippleback
That's what bugged me the most… in the first movie they didn't seem like much to me, but when the TV series came out I grew to love most of them. Basically it felt as if they were just an ensemble, then something bigger.. And now an ensemble again…
And it sucks for me because my favorite character is one of the minor characters... Sigh... I hope HTTYD3 makes up for this lack.

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

HideousZippleback
15 Jun 2014, 07:38
Hope_and_Heir
HideousZippleback
And it sucks for me because my favorite character is one of the minor characters... Sigh... I hope HTTYD3 makes up for this lack.
Me too :-/
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

HideousZippleback

[/color]

Hope_and_Heir
15 Jun 2014, 07:44
HideousZippleback
15 Jun 2014, 07:38
Hope_and_Heir
Me too :-/
Oh the joys of liking minor characters... Doesn't help that it's Snotlout. Double extra doesn't help that I love him either...

Eret
....Son of Eret

The gang wasn't really even necessary honestly aside from astrid, they were just there for comic relief, it was hiccup/valka/toothless/stoick/drago's story and there was already a little too much going on with them lol

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

How did Drago manage to fly on Toothless? Doesn't seem possible, seen as Hiccup uses his prosthetic.
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Cartoon Freak
Deadly Nadder

This did bug me at first, but Eret (the forum member, not the character) put it best:
Quote:

Hiccup doesn't steer toothless with his metal leg, thats only for changing the flight "mode", like if its locked in to gliding position or if its free to be moved around. He steers and flies toothless with his real foot. Yes it has switched sides since the first movie, but if you watch which foot he uses while he is on Toothless's back, not getting ready to jump off of him, you will notice this is true. It makes more sense this way because to rotate your foot around so much requires calf muscles, and he has no calf muscles on the left side. Conceivably as long as toothless's tail is put in to the right gear, anyone could fly toothless.
Of course, it is still a bit of a problem of presentation, but as far as I can see at present (and I'll be looking at a few scenes more closely when I have the DVD), it's not a plot hole.
Number of times I've watched the trailer: 18.

My pet peeve: people who refer to complete strangers by their first name. The correct ways to refer to a "John Smith" whom you have never met are Smith, Mr Smith, or John Smith. Not "John". He's not your buddy.