Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Favorite Thing
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 02:20 (4161 Views)
HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The part where Hiccup, Snotlout, Astrid, Valka, Fishlegs and the twins are all crying during the funeral scene.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

micromys
Cathartes Aura

I had a lot of favorite things... I absolutely loved how Valka was handled in terms of how dragonlike her behavior has become and how awkward she is around people, even Hiccup and Stoick. It was very believable that she'd been away from humans for 20 years.

I also liked that her flashback explained Stoick's comment in the first movie of "I should have seen this coming, I should have seen the signs" when talking about Hiccup's taking up with the dragons. I had always wondered what that meant, and now I know. Hiccup was becoming just like his mom.

I loved that it was Toothless who landed the killing blow on Stoick. I honestly cringe a little bit every time Hiccup insists that dragons are "gentle", but I think that comes from my own exotic animal training and keeping background. Sure, dragons (and exotic animals) can be very gentle! But they are also capable of being extremely dangerous, and forgetting that about them -- or indeed, about any animal -- leaves you unable to properly respect them for what they are. It doesn't mean you can't have a special bond with them, it just means that bond is no guarantee that bad things won't happen. And if you've forgotten the dangerous part of them, then the resulting feeling is anger and betrayal, which they don't deserve, for it's always been a part of who they are. So, yeah. I was happy about that portrayal.

And it's been talked about a bunch before but man I love how Hiccup and Astrid's relationship is evolved. It's just so nice to see them not doing the whole awkward beginning-a-relationship-thing, because by now they've reached a place where they are very comfortable with each other and know where they stand, and all of their little affectionate moments were made more enjoyable for me just by the fact that they have so clearly had them a million times before.

Oh! And I love that the movie seriously encourages a rewatch because of all the things constantly happening in the background, especially with the dragons. I couldn't watch it all at once! In fact, every single person I went with immediately said "I want to watch it again!" as soon as it ended.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

I loved how when the Alpha tries to (again) kill Hiccup and this time Toothless too but Toothless protects HIcucp. Everyone thinks they've died then BAM Toothless starts glowing and his reaction when he broke out of the ice was like

You.
Just Crossed.
The Line!

he was so ticked off that the Alpha attacked them again he was not letting it go.
Toothless was fed up and ticked off with the Alpha.
in those short seconds he decided that a new Alpha, one who would actually protect the other dragons, not hurt or controll them, needed to take over.

And I loved every minute of the challange. Especially the end where the Alpha accepted it's defeat, and Toothless is glowing and Hiccup is on him and yeah :)

I also loved how even though Hiccup had just yelled at Toothless, Valka made him realize that Toothless was forced by drago and his alpha, so Hiccup instantly forgives Toothless and is in even more pain when he's captured. Not because of all the pain, but because it shows how loving and forgiving and cariing Hiccup is.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Quite a few:

1. Hiccup and Toothless: Glad to see this movie remembered what the franchise hinges on.
2. Hiccup and Astrid: Seriously, ARE they engaged? The movie provided literally no evidence to the contrary that I could see...
3. "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you..." - Stoick: Knew it was coming and still got me. I think the way Valka was expecting him to say something harsh and he comes out with that is what made that scene for me.
4. Drago: This is mostly based off of what can be. He's still pretty much a clean slate and has the potential to be one of the better animated villains in recent memory. It all depends on what happens in HTTYD 3.
5. Like 80% of Gobber's lines.
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

HideousZippleback

[/color]

Hookfang being badass and blasting Drago.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

My favorites 1. I'm a sucker for hiccstrid so the end scene, so cute :D
Other than hiccstrid I loved the for the dancing and dreaming part both comical serious and that song was so beautiful and happy ( even if it came back at the saddest part in the movie. )
Also when toothless challenged the alpha at the end. That blew me away. Quite a few people in the theatre were cheering. And the part that I loved cause I hate it so much is when toothless killed stoick then hiccup yells at toothless with such anger. That was awful to watch but in a good way.

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

While everyone stated the big moments that I also really enjoy, there were several little ones that I adored.

-The first Hiccstrid scene was probably my favorite after Stoick's funeral and Gobber's Eulogy. Who knew there was more to that scene that first given?
-Ruffnut had her moments in this movie too like her trying to touch Eret when she first met him. Stoick: Ruffnut! Ruff *ogling Eret, rolls her eyes*: Fine!
-Valka's little dance on the dragons was pretty cool.
-Yes, I am a sucker for the Dancing and the Dreaming. Gobber pulling Hiccup around cracked me up.
-Okay, just because I'm a huge Hiccstrid fan, I really loved it when Hiccup tossed that net over Astrid and she's like "what the heck?" while Hiccup explains that their surrender is legit.
-And the fighting was pretty cool.

Uff da, yo.

HideousZippleback

[/color]

Every single time Snotlout showed up on screen.

Toothless123
Night Fury

When Drago murdered the Chieftains, because they wouldn't bow down to him. I love Stoick's line:
"It'll take more than a little fire to kill me."
The horrible thing is, he was killed, in the end, by a "little fire".

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Hiccup got hotter
Toothless got cuter

What's not to like?!

Plus that ending dragged me out of depression. I will love toothless forever
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2