Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Favorite Thing
Topic Started: 17 Jun 2014, 16:23 (4157 Views)
Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

The risk taken with Stoick's death, and Blue-backed Toothless. That was pretty neat.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Also Hiccup and Astrid... it wasn't overdone at all. There was just enough there.

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Toothless saving Hiccup at the end by becoming an alpha. Man, when he busted out of the ice, I was just like "He's. BEAUTIFUL." I LOVED seeing him take over. Every moment of that scene gave me chills :D
C4P741N 5W4N

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

N4raDov
18 Jun 2014, 02:55
Toothless saving Hiccup at the end by becoming an alpha. Man, when he busted out of the ice, I was just like "He's. BEAUTIFUL." I LOVED seeing him take over. Every moment of that scene gave me chills :D
haha loved that too!

the way he just started glowing and bursts through the ice he was like "Oh. No. You Didn't. Alpha buddy. You just crossed. The Line. Bad Move."

I loved it. :)

it's why my mom wonders if maybe the glowing had to do with him being so mad maybe
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

ToothlessNightFury
18 Jun 2014, 03:06
N4raDov
18 Jun 2014, 02:55
haha loved that too!

the way he just started glowing and bursts through the ice he was like "Oh. No. You Didn't. Alpha buddy. You just crossed. The Line. Bad Move."

I loved it. :)

it's why my mom wonders if maybe the glowing had to do with him being so mad maybe
Hahaha I know it was so epic! He was LIVID!! Maybe the glowing may have had to do with his anger cuz he didn't seem surprised by it like his new spines. So he must have known he had that capability. And he definitely knew how to use it! like seriously he was so fed up and it was gorgeous :D
C4P741N 5W4N

brokenfang
Dragon Egg

I surprisingly really liked Valka's flashback, also that we finally know where Hiccup's scar on chis chin came from :) Looked like Cloudjumper did it accidentaly. I honestly loved most of the movie. The finale was absolutely epic.

Oh and when toothless falls through the ice into the water and looks at Hiccup being taken away I was just blown away. Such a sad dragon face ;-;
It's magic, deal with it ;D

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

brokenfang
19 Jun 2014, 17:17
I surprisingly really liked Valka's flashback, also that we finally know where Hiccup's scar on chis chin came from :) Looked like Cloudjumper did it accidentaly. I honestly loved most of the movie. The finale was absolutely epic.

Oh and when toothless falls through the ice into the water and looks at Hiccup being taken away I was just blown away. Such a sad dragon face ;-;
I was practically squeezing my Toothless to death in this part. My mom and I were just sitting there like "noooooooooo!!!!! :( "
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

My favourite things were the Reunion and Dance scenes with Stoick and Valka. I tingled with excitement when Stoick said "You're as beautiful as the day I lost you," because even though it was in the trailer, I was like "Awww :wub: " And the dance scene was so adorable because Stoick and Valka singing were just amazing and I loved the song and the dance was exhilarating to watch and I thought the parts without Gobber interrupting were great.

In general I was like : :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: ... I am a huge romantic and this relationship was too perfect. It beat "Up" by a longshot.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

Dagur The Deranged
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

-I found the scene where Toothless is getting checked out by the other dragons at the sanctuary to be absolutely adorable, including his interaction with Valka.
-The "Flying with Mother" sequence was also a lot of fun.

-During my first viewing of the movie, I felt a little angry when the Bewilderbeast was introduced. I didn't like the idea of something being powerful just because it was... well powerful. I felt angry again when Toothless had to bow down to it. My anger peaked when Drago's Alpha took control of Toothless. It just felt so perverse! I was thinking to myself "they better make up for this with an absolutely mind blowing ending."
-I didn't really believe Stoick was dead until the funeral scene. I cried when Hiccup said "I'm sorry dad..." Like many others have said, that was a truly great scene.

-I cried again when Hiccup got Toothless back from Drago; it was a very good scene.
-When Toothless breaks out of the ice and is glowing blue and starts challenging the Alpha is simply the best use of Deus ex machina that I have ever seen. At this point I realised that all the things that made me angry simply added to the satisfaction of that moment, and I really appreciated how they did it.

-In subsequent viewings, a little thing I came to appreciate was the shot of Toothless as the red piece of cloth falls off of him when he's upside down. I think that was just a magnificent shot, perfect camera movement and zoom timing, and the music matched perfectly.
Witness true strength! Strength of LOVE for others; in the face of it, you are nothing.