Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
3D or 2D?
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 10:57 (3495 Views)
httyd2-9764
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I'm going to go watch the movie today (!!!) but I wasn't sure which one to watch. I've heard so many good things about the 3D but my friends seemed just as fine with 2D. The price for 3D is $12 while the price of 2D is $8 which is why I'm wondering ^^;;

For those of you who have seen the movie (especially for those who watched in 3D) how was both experiences?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Shnuckles
Deadly Nadder

The movie was sorta made for 3D, but it depends, are you going to see it in Imax or normal 3D?

httyd2-9764
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

normal 3D

Eret
....Son of Eret

The dragon movies are as perfect for 3D as it gets. Animated + flying scenes + explosions and special effects. I would recommend it.

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

I watched it in RealD 3D (non-IMAX). The 3D is relatively subtle in a smaller screen setting, but I think it's still worth it: Just more immersive.
Σ (a sigma-ture)

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

3D is probably the best for you, but if you can't, I saw it in 2D and it was just fine! It's great either way.
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

3D helps you see details better and makes everyone look a little bit more life-like. But either way it's still good.

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

I actually enjoyed it more in 2D than in 3D, though I didn't see it in IMAX 3D (which is vastly superior to Real 3D in my opinion) to be fair. I was able to appreciate the fantastic graphics more without the 3D aspect of it. It's a great movie either way though.
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

scribblefoxx
Member Avatar
a smallish Viking with a longish name

I saw it in 3D and I thought it was amazing. Just like the first movie, DreamWorks used the 3D really well. I think it brought more life to the flying and battle scenes and it felt like you were really there.
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy7QXhS.gif[/img][/center][c] [center] The past is another land, and we cannot go to visit. So, if I say there were [b]dragons[/b], and men who rode upon their backs, who alive has been there and can tell me that I'm wrong? [/center][c][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jtHiNxQ.gif[/img][/center]

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I saw it in RealD 3D and IMAX 3D (I preferred the latter) and though I haven't gotten a change to see it in 2D (may do so next week), I think it looks great either way. Though, the opening sequence (Dragon Racing) is pretty cool in 3D. The dragons fly right at you a few times ^_^
The battle scenes were epic in 3D, as were the flying scenes. So I'd go with 3D, but 2D is probably great as well.
Find me on tumblr!
I can't bring myself to delete the gifs sorry

8)