Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
3D or 2D?
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 16:39 (3529 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

First time 3D. As much as I don't like movies in 3D this one wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I was expecting to have flying nose dive scenes like in the first movie, which would make me and my mom feel sick watching 3D but it didn't so it was actually okay in 3D.

If (and when) i go see it again though I'd do it in 2D (mainly cuz we'd gone out of town for it and the 3D at the theater in town has terrible glasses that fall super easy)

but yeah I'd say 3D for this for the first time seeing it. Then 2D
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The 3D wasn't as popping out in this one compared to the first one. (Comparison because of the Double Dragon feature).

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

HideousZippleback
13 Jun 2014, 20:41
The 3D wasn't as popping out in this one compared to the first one. (Comparison because of the Double Dragon feature).
which can be good or bad. If things like that give people headaces (or if they can't see 3D because of a lasy-eye like my dad) then it's good. I know at Disney the 3D wasn't poping out at you and my dad could see it fine with the glasses, where as when things are poping out at you he sees 3d like he's not even wearing the glasses.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Yeah not much popped out a lot with the second one compared to the ash in the "Where's Hiccup?" scene which made the ash seem almost real.

stormflys
Terrible Terror

3D is pretty great, but it's not prominent through the film. You'll get nearly the same experience if you watch it in 2D.
check out my httyd 2 playlist on 8tracks!

[big][big][big]please click this link to help me win something!![/big][/big][/big]

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

I just saw it in 3D and found a lot more meaning in the 3D staging. Does that make sense? Filmmakers say things in the way they set up the elements in a shot, in a scene, a sequence, and the syntax of what Mr. Deblois and the animators were saying conveyed more meaning when the spatial part of it was 3D

There were no "trick 3D" that I could remember, nothing like the Minions' party favor or Jack Frost's snowflake. And I didn't remember thinking "Wow, it's like I'm there." I do remember thinking "This means more. This is more intensely meaningful."

Ok, that may or may not make sense, but see it in 3D. It's worth the couple bucks/Euros/pesos extra.

Eclipse-Wolven
Ninja Dragon

Ok, amending my earlier post. I've now seen it 3 times in theaters (hey, I love the movie, so sue me. :P) in all 3 possible formats (Real3D, IMAX 3D, and 2D) and I can say with absolute certainty that the best possible experience is with IMAX 3D. It's infinitely better than regular Real3D and gives you more of an immersive watching experience. After IMAX 3D, the second best is 2D, followed by Real3D in last place. Hope that helps anyone who still hasn't seen it!
-Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup-

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

IMAX 3D was amazing for me!! Going to see it in 2D on the 27th again so I don't really know what it's like in 2D. But the IMAX was just amazing
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I only saw it in 3-D, but it was freaking awesome. As long as it's in theaters, I will see it in 3-D. When I get it on DVD, then I'll watch it in 2-D.
Coming Soon!!

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Jendora
24 Jun 2014, 06:34
I only saw it in 3-D, but it was freaking awesome. As long as it's in theaters, I will see it in 3-D. When I get it on DVD, then I'll watch it in 2-D.
I wish I could do that.. I saw it in 2-D once and I feel like I'm missing something even though I've seen 3-D four times...

the local theater that's showing it stopped the 3-D afternoon showing on me :/ and I'm not about to pay like.. 18dollars a time just for 3-D... :/ unless I go alone to the mall's multiplex.. which might not happen to soon because I have a pretty busy week anyways... and I just rambled... ok.. back on topic...

"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326