Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD1 references
Topic Started: 18 Jun 2014, 08:25 (5721 Views)
Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
15 Jun 2014, 19:48
Surprised no one brought this one up yet, but when Fishlegs nearly gets blasted by The Alpha, he says "I'm OK!", just like the first movie before Meatlug falls on him. I was honestly waiting for him to say "Less OK..."
I was going to add that one!! X'D I was like 'less oka- FISHLEGS WHY DIDNT YOU SAY IT?!'
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MissunyNightFury
Escaped from an asylem

Eret
15 Jun 2014, 05:20
Cant believe no ones brought this up yet but Cloudjumper throwing up the fish for toothless the way toothless threw up the fish for hiccup. Guess its a dragons way of showing affection c:
I thought it was gross and cute at the same time.
"There's something you must remember when riding a dragon. There's no manual, no safety harness, no guarantees when you're on one of these beasts. All you have is the wind in your hair, and the clothes on your back. The only thing between you and that dragon is your saddle. You need to hold onto it for dear life, as that creature takes you the skies. That, is dragon riding."

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Hope_and_Heir
18 Jun 2014, 12:25
And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
15 Jun 2014, 19:48
Surprised no one brought this one up yet, but when Fishlegs nearly gets blasted by The Alpha, he says "I'm OK!", just like the first movie before Meatlug falls on him. I was honestly waiting for him to say "Less OK..."
I was going to add that one!! X'D I was like 'less oka- FISHLEGS WHY DIDNT YOU SAY IT?!'
Wasted potential. That's all there is to it...
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

ViridianVenus
Dragon Egg

In the first movie the alpha forces the smaller dragons to bring it food
in the second movie the alpha provides food for the smaller dragons.

Subtle, but i found it to be a nice touch.

draco
mystery dragon, pic drawn by night fury fire. Thank you :)

KentuckyWildcat
14 Jun 2014, 00:47
I also just now remembered that in one of the scenes with Valka, Toothless did his "writing" with a giant stick again just like the Forbidden Friendship scene.
I've always wondered if toothless was trying to communicate something to them. maybe that was his way of writing.
Dragons, need I say more.

Hiccup, chief of berc, dragon master.
Toothless, alpha dragon.
You and me bud we can do this, as one.
It's just a zipple misunderstanding
I like a pit, but I love a boar pit.
i am hurt,I am very much hurt.

VampireAngel91
Dragon Egg

Guys... This one:

"His soul reflected my own"-Valka

Parallel to:

"I looked at him, and I saw myself."-Hiccup

He's most DEFINETLY his mother's son!

Fishlegs' "I'm okay!" line. Me and my best friend were pretty sad that there wasn't a "less okay" line that followed it. (We were seriously waiting for it.)

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but when Astrid joins Hiccup on the cliff, Hiccup claims that Astrid always knew what she would do and what she would become -- the same phrasing Stoick uses in his conversation with Gobber about Hiccup in the first movie. Maybe that's why Stoick was so happy at the idea of Astrid as his daughter-in-law: she would be the proper Viking child he never had.

Also, I'm fairly sure the hypnosis sound effect is the same one used around the nest in the first movie. I love the subtle foreshadowing the first movie provided (in hindsight of course).

And...Yep...I'm a Nerd
Terrible Terror

Noticed this on the third viewing. Stoick and Gobber's conversation when they're going to look for Hiccup sort of mirrors the conversation they had about him in HTTYD 1 (i.e. "You know what he's like")
Hiccup: Dragons are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together
Drago: Or tear them apart...

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

I saw a bit of a throwback when Hiccup is on the cliff, overlooking his father's funeral pyre and he is trying to figure out what to do next. It sort of mirrors the same scene when Stoick is leaving for the Dragon's Nest with Toothless in the first film. I think he even looks at Astrid when he says it as if alluding to her role in that same scene in the first movie. I guess you can say it is very poetic.

Uff da, yo.

MartianArchaeologist
Member Avatar
Gronckle

KentuckyWildcat
14 Jun 2014, 00:47
I also just now remembered that in one of the scenes with Valka, Toothless did his "writing" with a giant stick again just like the Forbidden Friendship scene.
When he did that, I imagined him thinking "Yeah! And I've been here, and here and then I did the loop-dee-loop over this mountain, and...

Speaking of loop-dee-loop, did anyone catch the Hiccup character animation references to Jack Frost?