Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
HTTYD1 references
Topic Started: 13 Jun 2014, 20:55 (5864 Views)
Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

When Eret was freeing Stormfly, he said "Thank you for saving my life." in a similar tone to when Stoick had said "Thank you for saving my son." to Toothless in HTTYD, and in a similar situation while laying a hand on the dragon's head.
I don't know if that really counts, but I saw a lot of moments like that, sort of parallels or subtle repetitions of lines from the first film.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

apocryphalreality
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

I don't know if this was a parallel exactly but in the final battle when Toothless is falling, his flailing around looked quite similar to the Test Drive scene in HTTYD. And then Hiccup shoots down after him, all confident like. I thought it was cool to show how much they have changed.

Fawnduu
Gronckle

definitely for me the most obvious was the touching of the hand to toothless's snout to bring him out of the alpha's control. In forbidden friendship when hiccup is finally able to touch toothless, trust is formed and the true friendship begins. When hiccup touches toothless's snout this time around he is showing that there is still trust, and that he believes toothless will come back to him which he does.
Im Courtney, a Concept Artist/ Computer Animator! 8)

My Art Page
My Animations

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The tail.

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 00:49
Maybe he was doodling a map?
My guess is that Toothless was drawing Cloudjumper!

Here's another one: Hiccup trying to convice Drago that dragons are good with "let me show you" the same way he convinced Astrid atop the tree in the first movie. However, Drago retorts with a sinister "no, let ME show YOU." I loved the way it twisted Hiccup's innocent idealism into something much darker.

StaticTheSkrill
The Skrill of all Skrills...

The, "THATS MY BOY!" In Dragon racing and the Killing Arena scenes.
Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

chimuelo
14 Jun 2014, 07:57
HideousZippleback
14 Jun 2014, 00:49
Maybe he was doodling a map?
My guess is that Toothless was drawing Cloudjumper!

Here's another one: Hiccup trying to convice Drago that dragons are good with "let me show you" the same way he convinced Astrid atop the tree in the first movie. However, Drago retorts with a sinister "no, let ME show YOU." I loved the way it twisted Hiccup's innocent idealism into something much darker.
He also said the same to Eret...

singlerose22
Dragon Egg

The first one I noticed is not listening to Hiccup!!!!! Once when he was trying to tell him about Drago, and then again when he was trying to explain Valka was still alive.

(This conversation is feeling very one-sided...XD)

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Toothless giving Astrid that funny look when he caught her in the first film, and gave it to her agin when Hiccup snatched the sheep from her at the end of 2

Quincy Dan
Member Avatar
The real Hiccup

Toothless giving Astrid that funny look when he caught her in the first film, and gave it to her agin when Hiccup snatched the sheep from her at the end of 2